• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pet Northerner
Don
More people who switch to console the better. Might finally squeeze some of the pc sellers...
AMD must be happy about having the consoles sown up

They can't lose

Yep it's win win for them.

I'm going to wait the 6800XT out and (hope) that when stock levels for both brands gets better, prices will drop.

With demand being so ravenous you could sell these fot £1000 and will sell out in under 15 mins and part of me douesn;t blame any seller who does so - when buyers arew this stupid.

If prices are reasonable at launch, I'll consider changing my stance.

Soldato
More people who switch to console the better. Might finally squeeze some of the pc sellers...
AMD must be happy about having the consoles sown up

They can't lose

Oh yes they can, The consoles are only small money for AMD compared to the GPU and CPU markets. I guarantee you, nobody at AMD is hoping more people switch to consoles.

Associate
If I can't get a card on the 18th then it looks like I will be priced out off this generation for a while, I'm not going to be taken for a mug. I'm quite happy to keep my 5700xt for a bit longer if need be.

Caporegime
If I can't get a card on the 18th then it looks like I will be priced out off this generation for a while, I'm not going to be taken for a mug. I'm quite happy to keep my 5700xt for a bit longer if need be.

Same here, i'm not getting roped into this rat race ******** paying over the odds for something. I'll hang onto my vega card as long as needs be.

Associate
Jesus how many times do i have to point out that exact same site listed previous gen cards and cpus at massively marked up prices..

Ignore these prices until actual release

Caporegime
Same here, i'm not getting roped into this rat race ******** paying over the odds for something. I'll hang onto my vega card as long as needs be.

I'm so far behind, because usually holding out for. Really decent gen makes sense. Looks like that's no longer the case. Which will just keep used prices high

Permabanned
Just like almost always AMD will snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory.
They need volumes in order to beat Nvidia and not give Nvidia time to react and adjust its lineup to the new competitive situation.

Instead, AMD will launch heavily luxury graphics cards which will be bought by some niche professionals, and the mainstream market will be left agonising with the primitive Navi 10 and older Polarises. Meh!

Soldato
Laughing at the pre order pricing. Not even vendors know the pricing... So how can those articles be valid?

I've spoken to retailers today who expect to release at 2pm... Given AMD cpus.

Associate
So interesting turn of events, the instinct GPU is 120 CU, seems like AMD has smashed their old CU limit by a lot, AMD defo has a gaming GPU beyond 80 CU hiding in the background, Nvidia doesn't have a response to it.

Permabanned
So interesting turn of events, the instinct GPU is 120 CU, seems like AMD has smashed their old CU limit by a lot, AMD defo has a gaming GPU beyond 80 CU hiding in the background, Nvidia doesn't have a response to it.

The Instinct Arcturus is a different type of beast which the gamers will never touch..

Soldato
Steve at hardware unboxed reckons we won't have a chance of getting a card on 18th but instead he says 25th is more likely as that's the aib cards release date. But just wait and see I guess. I'm feeling the vibes that the 6800XT has really shocked in terms of performance though. In a good way.

Associate
I'm waiting to upgrade in late Jan / Feb 21, hoping by then there will be clear reviews of AMD vs Nvidia, AMD with and without AMD CPU, oh and stock ....

Its not surprising there are limited amounts, at the end of the day AMD are only using one fab and everything has all come at once, consoles, CPU's and GPU's, its just unfortunate, hard to blame AMD for putting out 4 decent new products (product ranges) all in 1 quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom