Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
I'm prettyu sure every update, My FPS gets lower.
With my Vega 56 at 1440P I'm certain I was usually over 100fps most of the time. Now in Season 6 it seems Its dipping into the 70's often and thats with lowering the settings to all normal now.

Associate
I had only 3 games tonight and had terrible lag / packet loss. Latency was 60ms and under but I was stuttering all over the place. No one else on a 200mb connection.

Soldato
So I just went to play CODMW 2019, Last played it around 2 weeks ago doing the single player, Not a fan of multiplayer, Even though I uninstalled everything I could through the options menu it now has a 40GB update, Activision need to stop with these ludicrous updates.

Soldato
In this file, what does everyone setting show for 'RendererWorkerCount = x'

Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players

Mine shows 4 but have a 6 core CPU. I removed the 'Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players' folder, removed the game then reinstalled but its still showing 4.
Also all my settings are as there were when the game was previously installed?! Are the settings cached somewhere?

Soldato

Mine shows 4 but have a 6 core CPU. I removed the 'Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players' folder, removed the game then reinstalled but its still showing 4.
Also all my settings are as there were when the game was previously installed?! Are the settings cached somewhere?
Settings are stored in the cloud. I wish I could wipe them completely as mine are corrupt and change my graphics settings.

I don't know about RendererWorkerCount, mine is 2 for a 6 core 12 thread 5820K.

Associate
Settings are stored in the cloud. I wish I could wipe them completely as mine are corrupt and change my graphics settings.

In adv_options.ini, change ConfigCloudStorageEnabled to 0 to stop the cloud cache and then make the file read-only to stop the game messing with it.

I had loads of poor graphics issues until I did that.

Associate

Mine shows 4 but has a 6 core CPU.

On my i5 8600K, RendererWorkerCount is set to 3 and VideoMemoryScale to 0.55, it was on VideoMemoryScale to 0.85 but changing this has increased my frames by 15/20%. I did try and set my RendererWorkerCount to 6 but it lags and freezes for seconds during gameplay.

My mates R5 3600 is set to 6 and 0.75 and another has his i5 6600K set to 2 and 0.55.

So in this small group, my theory is that if you have hyperthreading, go with the number of physical cores you have for the RenderWorkerCount and VideoMemory to 0.75 and if you don't have Hyperthreading, go with half your physical cores for RenderWorkerCount and Video memory to 0.55.

Try 6 and 0.75

Mine is also 2 for a 4 core 8 thread CPU.

Try 4 and 0.65

Last edited:
Associate

Mine was set to 2 - changed it to 4 and my performance has definitely been better, not necessarily higher FPS but better minimums.

Soldato
I tried changing my settings but didn't really notice much difference apart from the game feeling smoother.
I had changed the renderworkercount from 4 to 6 and the video memory scaling from 0.85 to 0.55 but think I lost FPS. I'll possibly try 0.75 next.

Associate
I tried changing my settings but didn't really notice much difference apart from the game feeling smoother.
I had changed the renderworkercount from 4 to 6 and the video memory scaling from 0.85 to 0.55 but think I lost FPS. I'll possibly try 0.75 next.

If you're not experiencing crashes or video memory exceeding limits, you don't need to touch this. All it does is set a limit for memory usage for the game - total system VRAM * memory scaling value. Set it too low and its going to be swapping textures from your storage far more often than it should, which will harm performance.

Back
Top Bottom