• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I’ve been emailed by both amazon and Smyths saying they’ve got my order ready, thank god smyths are delivering via dpd!

If I end up getting both and my brother doesn’t want to buy it I’ll probably put it on here. Only expecting what I paid for it not interested in scalping. Although someone in the members market would probably try knock £50 off :D

Soldato
Very have not updated order status since pre-order was placed.
Just says: On or before Thursday 19th November.
Not had a single email/message regarding the order since initial order confirmation.

I keep thinking if any retailer is going to stiff customers Very would be one of them.
Same here nothing from them since order confirmation.

In my account says delivery by 25 September 2020 weirdly. Hope it's not a bugged order.

Soldato
I’ve been emailed by both amazon and Smyths saying they’ve got my order ready, thank god smyths are delivering via dpd!

If I end up getting both and my brother doesn’t want to buy it I’ll probably put it on here. Only expecting what I paid for it not interested in scalping. Although someone in the members market would probably try knock £50 off :D

Let me know and I will take the spare of you if I can't get on come the 19th. Trying to get one for my sisters wee one for christmas.

Soldato
Well that's another game for launch day.

IMG-0374.jpg

I don't think PS5 Dirt 5 is out until PS5 launch day so it's typical that the one time I get a game early is when it's for a system that isn't even out yet. Couldn't decide whether to get it for PS5 or Series X but after hearing about how good it apparently is with the PS5 controller the decision was a bit easier.

Associate
Well, I'm awake after falling asleep super early last night cause of a migraine. Checked my bank, no payment taken by GAME after being told by them end of the 16th they were told payments were done by. Checked emails, nothing there. Checked my GAME account and its gone from Royal Mail 24 hour to Royal Mail 48 hour...

I get a feeling I won't be getting it on the 19th, even though I pre ordered as soon as the pre orders went live. :(

Associate
I got my DS5 today (they must have made loads of them).
Windows natively recognises it, wired or bluetooth. The DS4 app will not recognise it.
I have only tried it on Yooka Laylee where it worked perfectly with PS prompts. And on GTAV I had to go into steam controller settings and select it as an Xbox controller with a default profile. But it then worked in GTAV perfectly with the appropriate prompts.
Edit: Now also played GR Breakpoint and it worked natively in that. So it seems modern games will all run natively with it and GTAV is an old outlier. GTAV graphics are now really showing their age.

Big plusses is it always stays connected to my gaming PC even when I'm charging it it on my other PC. The USB 3 charging socket is a godsend.

Last edited:
Associate
I got my DS5 today (they must have made loads of them).
Windows natively recognises it, wired or bluetooth. The DS4 app will not recognise it.
I have only tried it on Yooka Laylee where it worked perfectly with PS prompts. And on GTAV I had to go into steam controller settings and select it as an Xbox controller with a default profile. But it then worked in GTAV perfectly with the appropriate prompts.

If you install the beta version of the Steam Client, it's supported as a DS4. The only things that won't work are haptics, touch pad and adaptive triggers.

Soldato

literally live 2 mins away from my local DPD on a small country road and they are the worst delivery company in N.Ireland.

My past two parcels delayed due to flights.... Even though they had had spry paint with do not ship by air stickers on them and came by boat.

I have also seen the "we called but missed you" on the website multiple times (even when somebody is always at home and no card is left) and when I call up to collect it it's missing or its at the drivers house. (They take the vans home)

If mines coming by them and they mess it up!! I will wait till dark sneak across the field and burn them out.

Or just make camp in the depot after a temtrum untill somebody hands me my parcel.

Associate
the problem with that is it's resulted in IMO ridiculously overpriced digital copies of games. The fact I can buy something like demon's souls on disc via an online retailer for £60 whereas the Sony store charge £70 for the digital copy is ludicrous.
If you buy top up cards from online retailers then the £70 digital version is actually around £59.

I am actually surprised at how well SSD prices have held their price. The technology has progressed, and drives now are faster, but on £ per TB it hasn't really moved too much - I bought a 1tb Crucial SSD for £120 about 8 years ago, and a similar equivalent today isn't much cheaper.
I remember there was extensive flooding in Taiwan in 2011 and 2012, and that was blamed for HDD and SSD prices being so high, but it feels like the pricing has never recovered.......probably as they've realised people will still pay the high prices!
Surely a typo? SSD prices haven't changed much in the last year, but they were substantially more expensive in 2012. 1TB drives didn't exist, and 512GB drives were £300+.

Associate
My attempt to change it to Tuesday delivery doesn't look like it worked due to the PS5 not in being picked up from Smyth's warehouse yet. Oh well it was worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom