• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is anyone else getting the lag with Dolby Audio on LG oled tv’s using E-Arc ? I get it with any of the Dolby formats inc atmos. Using either lpcm or dts it’s fine.....

Atmos sounds amazing but the sound is a tiny bit after the action on screen cannot find a way to adjust it only to make it later if that makes sense.

Soldato
Is anyone else getting the lag with Dolby Audio on LG oled tv’s using E-Arc ? I get it with any of the Dolby formats inc atmos. Using either lpcm or dts it’s fine.....

Atmos sounds amazing but the sound is a tiny bit after the action on screen cannot find a way to adjust it only to make it later if that makes sense.

I noticed some audio lag. But I thought these TV's didn't support DTS in any way - not even for passthrough. Now I need to find time to try.

I can't even do PCM,as my AVR doesn't support eARC, so don't think I can get anything over plain old dolby

Soldato
My nano86 also has a tiny bit of a delay and it doesn't support dts unfortunately. The delay feels like 80-100ms behind the action. It's just enough to notice if you're listening for it but given how good it sounds I'll keep using it for now.

Soldato
I noticed some audio lag. But I thought these TV's didn't support DTS in any way - not even for passthrough. Now I need to find time to try.

I can't even do PCM,as my AVR doesn't support eARC, so don't think I can get anything over plain old dolby

My TV is the C9 which has DTS. It was removed on CX probably to save money.

I’m using lpcm uncompressed 7.1 for now as the delay really bothers me. Playing COD it’s really noticeable. Strange it’s only in anything Dolby audio and fine with lpcm or dts. Everything played through the tv is fine using Atmos and I’m pretty sure my Apple TV 4K was ok too...

Soldato
My TV is the C9 which has DTS. It was removed on CX probably to save money.

I’m using lpcm uncompressed 7.1 for now as the delay really bothers me. Playing COD it’s really noticeable. Strange it’s only in anything Dolby audio and fine with lpcm or dts. Everything played through the tv is fine using Atmos and I’m pretty sure my Apple TV 4K was ok too...

yeah, LG really made some bum moves going from 9 to X series. Removal of DTS, not as bright as previous years (for BX at least). Silly me assuming things only got better, didn't read much about the down sides of the BX. Though to be fair, there was almost nothing out there in detailed reviews around the time.

Still, I do like the BX. Everything just looks so much nicer. It so painful going back to the IPS screen in bedroom :/

Soldato
Think I'm gonna upgrade my C8 OLED 65" to a new CX model.

HDMI 2.1 with all the other good stuff VRR etc

Then wait for a below 30" HDMI 2.1 monitor to release for the office

Soldato
Think I'm gonna upgrade my C8 OLED 65" to a new CX model.

HDMI 2.1 with all the other good stuff VRR etc

Then wait for a below 30" HDMI 2.1 monitor to release for the office
I was thinking about doing the same but with the vrr gamma issue I might just wait till the new oled models next year and see what they offer.

Associate
I have a 65" Samsung Q9FN which does VRR, 120HZ but only at 1080p ( 4k/60 ), low latency mode etc. Series X plugged directly into the TV's box, then sound via ARC to Denon AVR-X3500H. Atmos doesn't work but that doesn't matter as I haven't bought any height speakers yet. Works great with DTS/DD but I really notice the audio lag with COD Warzone, I haven't noticed it playing anything else. I have the X connected to the TV not the Denon AVR because there was something that didn't work doing it the other way, I forget what now, might have been VRR.

Soldato
Is it too early to say that I think the Series X is an amazing console already?

Load times, graphics, everything is just awesome.
It just needs some NEW games.
Also the controller still sucks, if you have big hands that controller has some weird sharp bits where its pieced together.
but yes both consoles are great pieces of engineering, but aint anyone going to care about that in a years time unless they start getting some exclusive's out the door

Soldato
Massive exploit doing the round on CoD: Cold War. The Xbox store discounts the cross-gen bundle to £5 if you own the Xbox One version. It also let's you gift two copies of the cross-gen bundle at the same £5 price. And the bundle includes the Xbox One version.

Or to put it another way, you can nab three copies of the game for about £70 (or £15, if you feel like chancing a refund on the original copy).

Back
Top Bottom