• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
2 days to do and still nothing from Game UK. No payment or any emails or comms. Getting increasingly worried now... sigh.
Pre-ordered on 16th September 11:50 PM.

Associate
DPD now have the option to upgrade my delivery for £5-10. Do I take a chance in hope that I get it 1 day earlier??? The PS5 still hasn't been picked up yet though :(

Soldato
DPD now have the option to upgrade my delivery for £5-10. Do I take a chance in hope that I get it 1 day earlier??? The PS5 still hasn't been picked up yet though :(
You've answered your own question. They can't deliver it tomorrow if they don't have it...

Most places will be preparing all the orders and sending the tracking numbers before sending the consoles tomorrow for delivery Thursday.

Associate
You've answered your own question. They can't deliver it tomorrow if they don't have it...

Most places will be preparing all the orders and sending the tracking numbers before sending the consoles tomorrow for delivery Thursday.

Yeah, that's true, unless it got picked up today :D but i highly doubt that will happen as they probably putting delivery logistics in early to allow for a smooth delivery on launch day.

Soldato
No shipping info from either Amazon or ShopTo as yet - praying that Amazon don't ship mine via MyHermes as they are absolutely useless around here.

Associate
Posted this previously but no change - been chasing ShopTo daily since last Thursday...

My Amazon order is all good - just down to delivery now.

The one I ordered for my Dad from ShopTo is a different story. I originally pre-ordered PS5, camera, controller and charging station. When it came to payment, I had to submit payment separately for each. PS5 - no problem, camera - no problem, controller - card declined (ended up getting elsewhere), charging station - not guaranteed day one (didn't proceed as per ShopTo guidance).

Last week I received camera and controller (didn't process payment for this!). So now, whilst my Dad's PS5 is still shown on my order, my balance is effectively short by the value of the controller! I've been trying to get a response out of their Customer Service as soon as the controller arrived but nothing of any use yet and no confirmation that the console will still be delivered. I would just add the payment for the difference to ensure PS5 doesn't get held/cancelled but there's no way I can...

Soldato
Still don’t know what’s happening with Shopto. My DPD tracking link says delivered, but that was just the games. Heard nothing since.
Surely you'd check the order status on Shopto - of course DPD is going to say delivered as they have in fact delivered the one parcel they had. DPD don't know you have another item waiting to be sent.

Soldato
It is baffling the lack of communication from all the big companies. I've also not heard anything from Shopto or Very for both my consoles similar to yourselves.

I'm sure I read very use Yodel, they don't fill me with much confidence but surely, they should be dispatching some today to get a lead on.

Soldato
The majority of tracking numbers should go out tonight/morning. Logistics side will be scheduled in for pick up tonight from suppliers, taken onto local depot, ready for Thursday delivery.

Caporegime
Surely you'd check the order status on Shopto - of course DPD is going to say delivered as they have in fact delivered the one parcel they had. DPD don't know you have another item waiting to be sent.
The order status page includes games and PS5 in one order that DPD is saying delivered. Hopefully, I’ll get another tracking number from DPD tomorrow.

Soldato
PS5's First Firmware Update Is Available to Download Now

Just five days after its US launch and 48 hours before its arrival across European shores, the PlayStation 5 has its very first public firmware update. Version 20.02-02.25.00 is available to download right now on the console, and is said to do the one thing we all knew and loved back on the PlayStation 4. Yes, this first PS5 firmware update improves system performance! Bring on the next-gen stability updates.

The patch note is as follows:

• This system software update improves system performance.

Weighing in at around 868MB, you'll have this update downloaded in no time at all. So, just days before us lot get our hands on the PS5, let's hope this update makes the system slightly smoother to use, ironing out some of the more immediate kinks. Have you downloaded this PS5 patch and noticed any differences? Let us know in the comments below.

Soldato
It is baffling the lack of communication from all the big companies. I've also not heard anything from Shopto or Very for both my consoles similar to yourselves.

I'm sure I read very use Yodel, they don't fill me with much confidence but surely, they should be dispatching some today to get a lead on.

Amazon sent me an email few days ago saying they will deliver for release day?

Code:
Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"PlayStation 5 Console"
   Estimated arrival date: November 19 2020

If a charge has already been made for this order or for cancelled items, this will be automatically refunded. You will be able to see the refund within 5-7 working days on your bank statement.

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
2 days to do and still nothing from Game UK. No payment or any emails or comms. Getting increasingly worried now... sigh.
Pre-ordered on 16th September 11:50 PM.

I pre-ordered from Game on 25th Sept, and have had both confirmation emails (5th Nov & 12th Nov) and money taken from my account (13th Nov) . So it might be worth contacting them.

Back
Top Bottom