• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 6000 Series UK Pricing ?

Soldato
There must be some sort of NDA in terms of declaring stock availability - you'd think the big retailers, such as OcUK, would be keen to keep their customers ahead of the curve otherwise especially when considering the 30XX series launch debacle!

Wouldn't it be great to hear "We have 500 6800 and 600 6800XT cards from various manufacturers in stock ready for launch tomorrow"

Soldato
So is it true about 1200 units for the whole of the UK :p?

I am waiting for reviews and in no rush to replace my V56 but that's hilarious if true.

I'm in the same position, i've actually wrote it off until October this time next year, which means I'll have had 3 years out of my Vega for £250.

Associate
There must be some sort of NDA in terms of declaring stock availability - you'd think the big retailers, such as OcUK, would be keen to keep their customers ahead of the curve otherwise especially when considering the 30XX series launch debacle!

Wouldn't it be great to hear "We have 500 6800 and 600 6800XT cards from various manufacturers in stock ready for launch tomorrow"
or they could say nothing and 5000 people could blindly hand over £700 again.

Associate
I'm in the same position, i've actually wrote it off until October this time next year, which means I'll have had 3 years out of my Vega for £250.
Im fairly keen to replace mine now after 3ish years - got it day 1 on the £380 release pricing, but the noise and heat out of it..... and its starting to struggle maintaining >100 fps at 1440 in some titles now.

Associate
Scalpers and bots......gotta prevent them being prepared and publish the links as lateas possible

God I hope they'll put the listings up at least half an hour before the launch. Can you imagine trying to navigate the internal search of these sites while 10,000 people are spamming F5?

Soldato
I'll be an F5 spammer - I really want to get involved and on to a 6800XT. I was always a high end ATI graphics card user back in the day, and only just got round to piecing together a system out of 2nd hand parts in April this year - already have the itch to upgrade from my 1070! Was down for a 3080, but the queues put me off, plus I'd rather have the money in my pocket than a big corporations for now.

Associate
HAHA .. exactly... Tip you didn't set the dual tape deck to the correct levels for bass and treble when you copied it :p..

You're having a giggle aren't you....there was no bass and treble back then, it didn't exist :D. You just had to ensure the volume was at the correct level for the recording/install.

Soldato
Im fairly keen to replace mine now after 3ish years - got it day 1 on the £380 release pricing, but the noise and heat out of it..... and its starting to struggle maintaining >100 fps at 1440 in some titles now.

Don't have heat and noise issues with mine TBH (Red Dragon) and i'm happy with performance right now, so I'm not interested in getting involved in the F5/Queue game. But everyone has their own req's, I'm also someone who likes to see all the cards on the table (both teams) and for the tech to mature etc. You'll def get a msaaive leap with the XT or the 3800. Good luck tommorow!

Back
Top Bottom