• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Problem is i sold my 5700X and having to use a Ref 290... no one wants to ever go back to that again! So im sat on my Xbox SX til i can get a 6800XT lol

I know the feeling. I sold my Vega 64 and was stuck on an RX580. However, in anticipation of the difficulty getting an RX 6800/XT, I did end up buying an RX5700 non XT for the money I got from my Vega sale and with a flashed XT bios on it now, its doing rather well. Should be able to recoup when selling it again, maybe even earn another 10-20 pounds on top(Paid 210 for it).

Associate
I know the feeling. I sold my Vega 64 and was stuck on an RX580. However, in anticipation of the difficulty getting an RX 6800/XT, I did end up buying an RX5700 non XT for the money I got from my Vega sale and with a flashed XT bios on it now, its doing rather well. Should be able to recoup when selling it again, maybe even earn another 10-20 pounds on top(Paid 210 for it).

Might find myself doing that to be honest, going to atleast wait to see if i can get one of the partner custom variants first (Red Devil or Sapphire Nitro+ SE). If i cannot then will go get a 5700 or something to tide me over.

Associate
Saw no 6800 series card on any store, oc uk, daddy caseking, a certain lightblue competitor, proshop dk, or rainforest if that is relevant for release day. I guess they will keep them hidden till launch time to make sure bots don't get ready.

Pretty sure AMD learned from Nvidia and their Ryzen launch not to this again.

Not sure now if i want reference, or should i wait for an AIB card. Kinda like Powercolor and the Xfx

Associate
Seems a bit odd to me that AMD seemed to have skimped slightly on the back plate connectors this time round. Only 2 DP, 1 HDMI and a USB-C.

Even my old 1080ti had three DP.

I am currently running 2 DP monitors and an index so having 3 DPs connections is not crazy.

What if you are on triple screen also? Just seems odd.

Soldato
The performance leaks make no sense, the 6800xt is faster than a 3090, it overclocks to like 2.5Ghz, and it's sometimes slower than a 3080. This card is like a massive weight swinging in the wind. Proper benchmarks can't come soon enough.

Soldato
Right, that's 1200 of AMD's own cards, IE not including AIB models which admittedly are not due for a week or so later but there will be many more of those, the vast majority of chips will have been sent to AMD's partners, globally there is probably at least 50,000 to 100,000 reference units sent out, the UK has a population of around 70 million, its way down the list of market importance. The US and China will be at the top of that list.
Its not about
Be good if retailers could actually let the public know if they're going to be receiving stock or not....I'd take that as doing the public a solid.
well considering that some retailers even take your money for pre order, the least they can do is tell there customers how many they are getting in stock.

cough cough OCUK?!?!

Associate
The performance leaks make no sense, the 6800xt is faster than a 3090, it overclocks to like 2.5Ghz, and it's sometimes slower than a 3080. This card is like a massive weight swinging in the wind. Proper benchmarks can't come soon enough.

Its fillrate advantage that gives the edge in some games and engines vs the competition.
Its a reason its called a Nvidia Killer.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Are the AIB 6800XT'S available tomorrow on OVERCLOCKERS?

FemaleTornAustralianfreshwatercrocodile-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom