• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
That was fun! Like capture the flag but with actual graphics cards. What a rush gg Nvidia ;)

Bahhh the real game is thee 3080, except there is no flag, only a hole where 100's piledrived reaching for the flag

I'm so tempted to get the 3090 FE.... only so i can use the EK Vector block lol...

Why I am just ordered replacement 3090 FE even if it means sitting on a box for use, that and its the cheapest yet the FE is built so well. Hoping this second one is without whine!

Soldato
Bahhh the real game is thee 3080, except there is no flag, only a hole where 100's piledrived reaching for the flag

Why I am just ordered replacement 3090 FE even if it means sitting on a box for use, that and its the cheapest yet the FE is built so well. Hoping this second one is without whine!
Wait what you grabbed another 3090 FE?! You mad man haha! Oh wait i was about to do the same!

Soldato
I'm so tempted to get the 3090 FE.... only so i can use the EK Vector block lol...

I got put off by the FE as many are having coil whine issues with them and when opening them up you can easily break stuff and Steve at Nexus thought there was an anti tamper on the card when you open it up and they can behave strange after but he called Nvidia and they said there wasn't any tamper detection but others have seen same thing when they put them back together. Then the pain way to open it with all the small bits you may loose if you ever need to repaste it, which will be needed in the future.

Soldato
I got put off by the FE as many are having coil whine issues with them and when opening them up you can easily break stuff and Steve at Nexus thought there was an anti tamper on the card when you open it up and they can behave strange after but he called Nvidia and they said there wasn't any tamper detection but others have seen same thing when they put them back together. Then the pain way to open it with all the small bits you may loose if you ever need to repaste it, which will be needed in the future.
Yeah i saw the video, it was painful to watch tbh.. he's never the gentle type either just jabbing it with a screwdriver!

I wasn't aware of the strange behavior after taking them apart though, putting me off abit... Damn im so set on a FE still though cos its such a great looking card.

Soldato
Wait what you grabbed another 3090 FE?! You mad man haha! Oh wait i was about to do the same!

Ohh no as it ordered replacement! My other FE went back yday (infact they kindly picked it up with there own service) for full refund. So this one is the replacement for that.

Yeah whine was annoying on my other one. Though did reduce a lot by the end. That said, can see others in Coil whine thread saying there FE's have no whiney so this second one is going to be my final foray into the FE model I think if it has whine.

Soldato
Ohh no as it ordered replacement! My other FE went back yday (infact they kindly picked it up with there own service) for full refund. So this one is the replacement for that.

Yeah whine was annoying on my other one. Though did reduce a lot by the end. That said, can see others in Coil whine thread saying there FE's have no whiney so this second one is going to be my final foray into the FE model I think if it has whine.
Ah thats pretty good service! I wouldn't expect any other retailer to do this tbh...

Soldato

wish you luck with the whine , we have 4 at work and half of them whine and the other 2 don't but one has a funny fan noise on the fan that blows towards the RAM. They are really nice and soild build, but the 12pin is in such a stupid place. They don't care about it and they are all on same type PSU corsair HX1200w, so what we did is stick one whining one with another that doesn't, they are in sli these 4 so to make it less obvious the whine, when both whining ones together it will be annoying when they run at same time.

Soldato
wish you luck with the whine , we have 4 at work and half of them whine and the other 2 don't but one has a funny fan noise on the fan that blows towards the RAM. They are really nice and soild build, but the 12pin is in such a stupid place. They don't care about it and they are all on same type PSU corsair HX1200w, so what we did is stick one whining one with another that doesn't, they are in sli these 4 so to make it less obvious the whine, when both whining ones together it will be annoying when they run at same time.

Yeah build quality is superb, I did notice a odd fan noise at 72%-73% RPM exactly on first one, fortunately not an issue as rarely spun that high and going under water. 12 Pin is in odd spot, but with a thin custom sleeved cable like I done, actually looks neat. Sounds good though you got half with whine and half without (well good would be all without). Combined with others saying they have no whine leaves me with faith there are FE models without it!

Ah thats pretty good service! I wouldn't expect any other retailer to do this tbh...

Yup, was surprised and ready to post it myself which would have been a pretty penny. I imagine A) as its expensive and B) sent them a picture of the whine at the start which was mental. As I say did quieten down to the point it was okay after 40 hours use, but seeing others mention they have whine free models, for £1400 may aswell!

Ree

Ree

Associate
must have been a smaller batch of 3070's for them to go that quick compared to last time. congrats to whoever got one they are great cards :)

Soldato
3090's gonna stay there for an hour or so+ I expect. Not many people will grab one as quick as other two.
The 3090 sat there for ages in the last drop - unsurprising it's still available right now too. They are no doubt the best value 3090 - it is silly getting any other 3090 model at this point.

Back
Top Bottom