Kraken Z73 pump buzz

Associate
Hey everyone, I got a little question about my Kraken Z73 AIO. Any other owners here?

I experience the pump making an audible buzzing sound (not gurgling, not bubbling, not rattle-y) when I turn the pump RPM to maximum (Starts at 70% (2400 RPM), pitch going up until 100%(2800 RPM)). Is this normal / to be expected with an AIO like this?

Cooling performance is working (and excellent).

The sound is very similar to what this user is experiencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaA-j8ZAtOA

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
at 70% I do start hearing it just sounds like the motor is spinning faster as I go higher similar to the link you posted think its normal , I just set the fan curve to go max 70% cant hear it at all over the fans and gpu fans once start doing something stressfull, On idle or doing general tasks it goes to 60% so cant hear it even when the fans are 800rpm and gpu fans not spinning

Soldato
It could be that there's air in the pump. Or keeps going around the loop. If you have the rad in a up right position (front of your case) with the tubes as low as possible it might keep the air at the top of the rad.

If that doesn't work then it's just the way it is

Soldato
It sounds like there may be a bit of air trapped in the system. Ordinarily, the air should be trapped in the radiator but sometimes, due to shipping for example, it might be trapped in the pump, which can cause the buzzing.

Soldato
Hey everyone, I got a little question about my Kraken Z73 AIO. Any other owners here?

I experience the pump making an audible buzzing sound (not gurgling, not bubbling, not rattle-y) when I turn the pump RPM to maximum (Starts at 70% (2400 RPM), pitch going up until 100%(2800 RPM)). Is this normal / to be expected with an AIO like this?

Cooling performance is working (and excellent).

The sound is very similar to what this user is experiencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaA-j8ZAtOA

Thanks in advance!

I have the kraken z73 don’t hear any buzzn all I hear is the fans ramping up when the cpu goes high lol.

Back
Top Bottom