Where do you sell your used hardware?

Soldato
Dont really sell much of it, tend to just horde it in the loft until its completely out of date and worthless. :p
This. Best combined with buying more hardware than I need, only when "it's a bargain and I can sell it on and break even if I don't like it". :rolleyes:

On the rare occasion I sell PC stuff, it's with a buy it now price on eBay where I've already worked out decent packaging and postage etc.

Soldato
forums and auction. if auction make sure you note down serial number and take plenty photos of the kit as well as screenshots of it working etc. i have had some dodgy people trying it on with me over the years.

Associate
Mostly ebay for me. The 1 pound final value fee deals are every other weekend right now and it's the biggest target audience. Only thing I wouldn't sell on there is cpu/gpu as there's plenty of bum holes who would just raise a claim saying its not working and then your most likely out of pocket.

Soldato
Mostly ebay for me. The 1 pound final value fee deals are every other weekend right now and it's the biggest target audience. Only thing I wouldn't sell on there is cpu/gpu as there's plenty of bum holes who would just raise a claim saying its not working and then your most likely out of pocket.

I had this once, I always had video evidence of the CPU/GPU working.

When one buyer tried his luck saying the GPU did not work, sent eBay the video it working. They closed the claim within an hour.

Soldato
Anything that has a serial number attached to the device like laptop etc it is hard for them to claim XYZ in auction

GPU is similar. However it won’t stop the really inventive one to remove the board from his broken GPU and swap with your working one and send it back to you.

CPU has serial number on the IHS but again doesn’t stop people from delidding it replace the CPU and send the broken one back to you after they glue the IHS back on.

so yes CPU GPU carries a lot more risk. That’s why often times in MM sales you get sellers saying “oh I can get x amount in auction”. The response is “good luck and I hope you don’t loose your card/CPU at the same time and be out of pocket by £££”. They are fully aware of these risks that’s why they are trying to shift these parts on forum first.

Also for laptops, I wouldn’t sell it with a high end SSD or NVMe. Some people will try to schuck it and return the thing back to you. Either offer low capacity drives or low end stuff or offer no drives but obviously demonstrate that the laptop works with picture and video

Associate
I had this once, I always had video evidence of the CPU/GPU working.

When one buyer tried his luck saying the GPU did not work, sent eBay the video it working. They closed the claim within an hour.

This is the way! I always take video footage and state in the item description very clearly that I have video evidence of the card working and I also use anti tamper stickers Gamers Nexus are so fond of lol

Associate
forums and auction. if auction make sure you note down serial number and take plenty photos of the kit as well as screenshots of it working etc. i have had some dodgy people trying it on with me over the years.
This. Using eBay for quite a lot of gear and no issues. As long as you are careful .
Pretty much all my listing for hardware includes the serial number on the pictures, which may help repel chancers.

Back
Top Bottom