heart failure

Soldato
back on the 12th of october i had a non urgent phone appointment at my doctor, the 12th was also my birthday, got sent to hospital.

i ended up staying in hospital that night (go birthday)

does any one else have heart failure? also if so how do you cope with it? (dont mention meds)

apparently mine is caused by drinking to much, i stopped vaping as well before going to hospital and i never took any thing with me so i was stuck with no phone and nothing to look at while having extreme restless legs :(

i was stuck in there for 8 days, initial doctor lassie said it would only be a night, had her and a few others around me while i was puking the next day :p

Soldato
OP
Er.. No words of any help amte. But rest up and hope you get better asap

thanks, second night got a lot better when my covid test came back clean and they let my mum come and drop of stuff, got my note 8 and my newly hacked 3ds plus cloths etc ended up watching south park on free wifi :)

on the 3rd day i got the heart diagnosis and thanks to been autistic i got my own room with a on suite shower and toilet and a free tv :D

i kept telling the pretty nurses i missed my cats :p none of them cuddled me though lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Man that's scary. I've been working on my overall health and fitness for a good number of reasons such as this, not that it'll stop it from ever happening, but it'll improve my chances later in life.

Hope things get better for you OP

Soldato
OP
cheers im only 37 btw but a heavy drinker, also been a very heavy vaper.

when i went into hospital i had pneumonia and pleurisy, which would not clear up which i found out is because of my heart.

i was on 3 tabs when i went in and now im on 7.

cardiologist says no exercise for me now and deffo not allowed any cycling for months now :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Quit the smoking, and the drinking. Any age is too young for a heart failure.

Drinking really isn't that good, when you quit you realise how much more time it gives you to enjoy actual proper stuff. More time for cycling, that dopamine rush from biking is much better and with the money saved means you can afford a better bike! Best two things I've done, is quit smoking and drinking (well mostly, I do still drink a handful of times a year).

Soldato
Look after yourself. Hope you can turn it around.

How 'heavy' a heavy drinker are you? Just curious, not going to bash you for it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Damn bro, that's a wake-up call and a half!

Don't dwell on it, recover, adapt and overcome. Plus now you'll live longer than you were going to at least :)

Caporegime
Took my grandad on my dads side at 52, he’d already had 2 heart attacks before then. Drank pretty much half a bottle of whiskey a night though so no surprise.

He was heavily depressed after losing one of his brothers in a mining accident and getting drunk after work seemed to be his only escape.

Soldato
Many examples I'm sure but my colleague left the RAF and basically let himself go a bit. No smoking but not enough exercise, diet and drinking. One day I left early leaving some kit to be moved. Next day found out he had moved the kit but on the way back home had to divert to the hospital with chest pains. Very lucky to only suffer a mild heart attack. Spent a week or so in hospital and had a stent fitted. Has to take drugs to regulate blood.

Since the indecent he started exercising with me and eventually he began to run more than me as I prefer long walks plus cycling. Eventually got to doing a marathon and I don't mean plodding around for 4 hours!

Anyway he has turned that corner but has reduced exercise to a more moderate level and cut down on drinking mostly. I know he still loves a good pizza and bought one of those small outside ovens that have become popular and regularly puts that to good use.

Walking is great for your mind not just your fitness by the way so if anything try to do more of that.

Soldato
Rest up and hope you get better.

This goes out to everyone, LOOK AFTER YOUR HEALTH!!!

Smoking, excessive drinking, talking illegal drugs, overeating. You must stop it! These are all bad habits you all control over. If these are a problem then GET HELP!

Buying the Series X, PS5, RTX 3090, 5950X or whatever. None of that matters if you are laying in a hospital bed due to self inflicted health issues, knocking on deaths door.

You only get one life, so don't mess it up.

Soldato
Quit the smoking, and the drinking. Any age is too young for a heart failure.

Drinking really isn't that good, when you quit you realise how much more time it gives you to enjoy actual proper stuff. More time for cycling, that dopamine rush from biking is much better and with the money saved means you can afford a better bike! Best two things I've done, is quit smoking and drinking (well mostly, I do still drink a handful of times a year).

I never smoked, well not fags anyway :D but I was a weekend binge drinker. Getting on the hills with the bike is so much better.

Soldato
OP
cheers guys, yeh i was drinking silly amounts, every second night or so around 3 or 4, 2 litre bottles of cider and some times binges that went on through out the next day.

there is hope the heart muscle can recover a bit but ill be on meds the rest of my life.

hoping i can get out on my bike at the start of the year :)

really changed what i eat now as well.

Pet Northerner
Don
cheers guys, yeh i was drinking silly amounts, every second night or so around 3 or 4, 2 litre bottles of cider and some times binges that went on through out the next day.

there is hope the heart muscle can recover a bit but ill be on meds the rest of my life.

Best of luck to you! My uncle had a heart attack in his mid thirties to over smoking, drinking , drugs etc. He's into his 60s now after taking cycling up once he got sorted on his meds and worked up to it with ligher exercise.

Soldato
Smoking, excessive drinking, talking illegal drugs, overeating. You must stop it! These are all bad habits you all control over. If these are a problem then GET HELP!

Agree with this. Nowadays when eating chocolate (rare) or a bag of crisps (often), I'll eat a third or half and save the rest for the following day, or bin it. I say this after finishing my first McD's breakfast in months :), had enough of the hotel's cold breakfast grab bag.

Other things like parking further away, always taking the stairs and walking instead of driving where possible.

Soldato

Crikey that is a lot. How is your liver doing?

Back
Top Bottom