*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Quite hard to judge from that footage really, I mean to be honest I didnt see much in that footage that was all that different from the much vilified Assassin Creed games or even The Division. Nothing I really saw in that footage leapt out at me as an example of possibly the greatest game of its genre ever. Looked all very by the numbers normal to me. Still looking forward to it because its hard to really judge it from that slice of gameplay , world looked good, atmosphere was good, but in terms of gameplay/mechanics that footage looked like a game from 10 years ago.

Associate
Quite hard to judge from that footage really, I mean to be honest I didnt see much in that footage that was all that different from the much vilified Assassin Creed games or even The Division. Nothing I really saw in that footage leapt out at me as an example of possibly the greatest game of its genre ever. Looked all very by the numbers normal to me. Still looking forward to it because its hard to really judge it from that slice of gameplay , world looked good, atmosphere was good, but in terms of gameplay/mechanics that footage looked like a game from 10 years ago.

The gameplay of the Witcher 3 wasn't really revolutionary either, worldbuilding was good though

Soldato
I think regardless if this game is gonna triumph or flop, i will enjoy it regardless as theirs not been a real cyberpunk open world game yet that i know of anyway and im a huge fan of anything cyberpunk.

Man of Honour
Even taking into account being console the combat looked horrendous, well average but horrendous because there is so much better.

Soldato
This whole thread *seriously* reminds me of No Man's Sky.

There will almost certainly be a decent, not spectacular game in there, but not anything close to resembling the hype that's building up....

I predict a ridiculous self-entitled backlash the minute this comes out & isn't what some of the posters here have convinced themselves it will be.

Caporegime

There will almost certainly be a decent, not spectacular game in there, but not anything close to resembling the hype that's building up....

I predict a ridiculous self-entitled backlash the minute this comes out & isn't what some of the posters here have convinced themselves it will be.
I do worry about the combat mechanics and some of the gameplay. I have no doubt it will look amazing but be pretty generic.

Soldato
I am still in two minds over this. The frame rates on the video looked poor, twitch can stream at 1080 60fps but I am not sure how to check the VOD.
Regardless, I think it looks OK, not spectacular though.
My biggest issue is it being First-person. I really don't get on with FPS so I am holding back. I will wait to see what the reviews are like and how it runs.

Associate
isn't what some of the posters here have convinced themselves it will be.
Definitely gonna be the biggest issue
People decided in their heads what this game would be and what it would contain well in advance of anything being set in stone

I mean it's based on the literal genre defining tabletop RPG so yeah of course it's gonna be generic

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am still confident this will live up to my expectations as long as the story is not crap which I doubt it will be.

I wonder when steam pre-load will happen? 2-3 days or before release maybe. I wonder if it will be 100gb+ with high res textures.

Soldato

It's been obvious it would go this way for at least a year at this point...

Back
Top Bottom