New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
I think they've given up revising the delivery date now. Mine still says due to ship 16th and delivery on 18th. What a farce.

After originally getting a estimated shipping date of the 13th it was showing as unknown this morning.
It now shows a revised estimate of shipping tomorrow.

Do most who have ordered sooner than I did just see new estimated shipping dates like this with nothing more happening?

Associate
Estimated Ship Date
Nov 13, 2020

Revised Ship Date
Nov 18, 2020

Shipped
Not available

Estimated to Arrive By
Nov 17, 2020

Revised Delivery Date
Nov 20, 2020

Delivered
Not available

Only ordered last week but not expecting it anytime soon, might cancel and get the LG.

Associate
I'd say this monitor is marked as in stock on their system and just keeps revising the date based on this in stock status.

Even on the Dell site it tells me it will be shipped today if I order now even though the one I ordered last week shows shipping tomorrow.

Associate
The monitor is not actually in stock guys, the automatic shipping system will keep delaying it every single time, till it actually is made and shipped, which judging by most people's experience will be a few weeks to a month from now.

Soldato
I jumped on the HUKD band wagon and put an order in - similar experience to all those discussed in this thread. The value has even disappeared from the AMEX.

Associate
I think they've given up revising the delivery date now. Mine still says due to ship 16th and delivery on 18th. What a farce.

As you say FS, I contacted Customer Services and mine is apparently due on the 20th, and I looked at the tracker and its not updated so I guess its bitten the dust.

I think it'll be a case of checking for an email from UPS or contacting Dell for a rough ETA. I am in no hurry for a screen - if I was, I would have cancelled long ago, its for when I have some time off work next month. Never thought I would see the day that purchasing a monitor is akin to furniture, takes weeks! :eek:

Very bad service though.

Associate
I am one of the lucky people who order in october with shipping date for nov 18... but i got mine end of October..
it is DGFA as others said though its the same monitor.. they just lowered default brightness so it pulls less juice from the wall.

Associate
My payment is no longer pending in my bank, it's just disappeared altogether, my order is still confirmed for the 20th Nov though. Haven't got a clue what's going on.

Associate
same here, the pending payment at Paypal for the first order (placed 5th Oct) has disappeared - and the second order placed on monday via credit card hasn't even appeared

Soldato
Damn I hope they aren't gonna cancel all the discounted orders but if higher management has caught on then it could be all over for the bargain hunters.

Associate
I'm half tempted to cancel and get the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A, since the previous version of this (VG27AQ) is rated as the "best" 1440p panel on Rtings.

It is a bit more money than the Dell (even when at full RRP) but if it's better and in stock (which it is on OCUK) then why not?

Just not sure if I can warrant it over the LG for the price.

Associate
well there we go the DFGA order delayed to 23rd Nov - tempted to just cancell both outstanding orders now and wait till next year when there will probably be better specced monitors out anyway

Associate
Looks like I should have found this thread before ordering! Ordered two DGFA's through Dell's live chat on Monday 16th and was given an estimated delivery date of the 19th. My order was updated this morning to say it's delayed with a new estimated delivery date of the 23rd.

I'm not in a rush and the price was good so happy to wait assuming I receive them eventually. I contacted customer care after I found this thread to see what they'd say about the delay and they said "Unfortunately, we are experiencing production delays due to an inventory shortage due to which your order has been delayed" and that my order would be expedited with the revised delivery date of the 23rd.

Looks like a similar case to everyone else on here and I'm expecting that estimated delivery date to keep getting pushed back but you never know with Dell!

Back
Top Bottom