• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R23 Benchmark Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Custom, thought I was a bit warm.

i run a custom loop with ek pe classic 360mm rads and the new ek quantium magnitute block and at my oc of 4.5ghz all core at 1.3v i saw max temp's of 80/81 in r23 and 77 in r20, could be worth checking the contact between your block and chip and if need be replace thermal patse, i used artic silver 5 :)

Associate
i run a custom loop with ek pe classic 360mm rads and the new ek quantium magnitute block and at my oc of 4.5ghz all core at 1.3v i saw max temp's of 80/81 in r23 and 77 in r20, could be worth checking the contact between your block and chip and if need be replace thermal patse, i used artic silver 5 :)
Yeah I’ve already replaced it once I’m going to do it again. Maybe be a little more generous with the paste this time. Using thermal grizzly. It’s under 2 360s and a Corsair hydro xs7
Case doesn’t have the best airflow though evolv x

Soldato
Yeah I’ve already replaced it once I’m going to do it again. Maybe be a little more generous with the paste this time. Using thermal grizzly. It’s under 2 360s and a Corsair hydro xs7
Case doesn’t have the best airflow though evolv x

with the cooling setup you have it's very similar to mine but i have a lian li o11 dynamic with intake at the bottom and exaust from the top, you can get around the airflow issue and run your fans at a higher rpm to compensate under load, ideally try not to break 80 degrees as anymore for a long time will start to damage the chip's like 1st and 2nd gen

Soldato
I had a go with my 3700X 2x8GB 3600MHz system. Not PBO or overclocked or anything.
Multi: 12,203
Single: 1,306

wtgNgiKh.png.jpg

And the test we've all been waiting for... an i7 860 at 3.8GHz, 2x4GB 2133MHz. It got quite toasty even under a pretty big heatsink with 2x 120mm fans. It's still quite happy in modern games but I am fairly sure in the multicore it was outclassed by a 15watt 11th gen i7!

Multi: 3,138
Single: 605

ey7n1Irh.png.jpg

Edit - what's going on with the 15/28watt 1165G7 that seems to be demolishing everything?!

Last edited:
Associate
with the cooling setup you have it's very similar to mine but i have a lian li o11 dynamic with intake at the bottom and exaust from the top, you can get around the airflow issue and run your fans at a higher rpm to compensate under load, ideally try not to break 80 degrees as anymore for a long time will start to damage the chip's like 1st and 2nd gen

Just reapplied paste again. I also noticed my block wasn’t equally tightened down. (First time working with hydro x series)
Redone my run and got 100 extra points plus only tops out at 81 after 3 back to back runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom