• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
I don't even know how anyone managed to buy one. Website was all but totally dead for me, competitors crashed as well, and by the time any page did load everything was sold out anyhow.
Exactly my experience having opened up at least 5 shops. Waste of time and no point jumping on pre order here now as the queue will be too far gone. Another crappy launch with no stock.

Associate
£79 more than the competition. You should be ashamed.

After tons of fighting with the system and freshly clicked captcha instantly expiring, I've managed to pay by PayPal for 6800 XT. Soon before they turned into pre-orders. I assume I won't get one... So far good track for me: 3080 failed (Asus TUF), waited over a month, queue didn't move, gave up. 3070 failed, AMD CPUs failed and now this. Uff, 2020 looks to be awesome year for purchasing hardware I see! :/

That aside, 80 quid more than competition is indeed a horrible scalping... At least this time I actually need a new GPU sooner than later, hence I just paid that - all competition never even shown BUY button to me and I've been hammering since 11am today (just to be sure!), on 2 machines. :/

Soldato
Blatant cash grab by OcUK, hidden product, and an effectively non-functional website. I think I'll take my money elsewhere in the future. Was ok with OcUK being a few quid more than some other sites when ordering things because it balanced out with the free delivery, but that much extra can sod right off.

Grats to all the people that paid the marked-up prices and convinced OcUK that it's totally fine to do this.

Soldato
Jesus some of you lot are so entitled. Nobody owes you anything.

They've got 8000+ people and 600 robots trying to buy 200 cards.

You complain they hid the pages, what do you want them to do? They gaVe you the links to the cards here, meaning forumites were more likely to get a card. If they hadnt hid the pages, the robots would have been set up ready. Then you same people would be here complaining "YOU MADE THE CARDS TOP LEVEL WE HAD NO CHANCE AS LOYAL FORUMERS"

It's like 8000 people trying to get through a door wide enough for 2, then complaining "YOUR BUILDING SUCKS".

Associate
Well I did have it in my basket and got to the pay page.... then I couldn't bring myself to actually pay the additional OCUK extortion-fee... I'm used to OC prices being a "little" higher, and I happily pay it because the service here is notably better than most.... but £80 is ..... insulting.

Care for an explanation @Gibbo ?

The price is too high in your opinion (mine too!), but for some it's worth it so it doesn't really need explaining - charge more when stock is limited and if they all sell out immediately, the price was still too low. He's a business - if you got to chose your pay, you would expect more when things are limited (like on weekends or bank holidays overtime)

Soldato
Well I feel like a mug.
Refreshing ocuk on their amd page and its hidden, by the time the links get mentioned they are all gone on top of the ocuk price gouging.

Welp, guess ill upgrade next year and definatly not from ocuk.

Associate
No they didn't - as we have now established listed under a different section.
As soon as Gibbo posted here, there were two now buttons on the left for the 6k series, no GPUs showed up on the main page list but the two new sections did show up with the Gibbo post.

Soldato
Agree with others - disgusting price gouging, pathetic hidden links.

I only pray to god that people who ordered and didn't get one get their money back quickly. OcUK must be sitting on millions of cash from pre-orders of 3xxx series.

Back
Top Bottom