• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
I think I might have got one. Got an order received from OCUK.

I somehow dragged it into my wishlist so it was only trying to load up a single item not a whole page. It wouldn't go into my basket for about 10 mins with it not appearing and then getting the cloudfare errors but I think I lucked out and got through the whole payment process without crashing. This was about 2.18pm

Have people received emails saying they haven't got one yet?

Associate
Congrats to the lucky few who hacked their way to the secret product page - you are truly gifted/blessed/OCUK family & friends (delete as applicable)

Associate
I'm disgusted that they have a 10% higher price than other places FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Freaking disgusting and no rationale other than pure greed.

I wasn't planning on buying from OCUK after the awful handling of the 3xxx series, but this really reinforced it. Never buying anything from them again after this **** show

Associate
It's like 8000 people trying to get through a door wide enough for 2, then complaining "YOUR BUILDING SUCKS".

Except in this case, the architect knew when there would be 8000 people trying to get in and could have implemented solutions to cope with the temporary additional footfall.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Congrats to the lucky few who hacked their way to the secret product page - you are truly gifted/blessed/OCUK family & friends (delete as applicable)

Links were posted on their twitter page at 14:00

Associate
Well I did have it in my basket and got to the pay page.... then I couldn't bring myself to actually pay the additional OCUK extortion-fee... I'm used to OC prices being a "little" higher, and I happily pay it because the service here is notably better than most.... but £80 is ..... insulting.

Care for an explanation @Gibbo ?

Check price on AMD website, in their own store (sold out but price didn't change): £587.18 (sic!)

Soldato
Jesus some of you lot are so entitled. Nobody owes you anything.

They've got 8000+ people and 600 robots trying to buy 200 cards.

You complain they hid the pages, what do you want them to do? They gaVe you the links to the cards here, meaning forumites were more likely to get a card. If they hadnt hid the pages, the robots would have been set up ready.

It's like 8000 people trying to get through a door wide enough for 2, then complaining "YOUR BUILDING SUCKS".

no one is entitled - people just want a fair option to purchase a card.

Adding £80 to RRP, sending links out of twitter at 2pm and not linking in the forums till 2.29pm doesn't make for a fair game.

Everyone is well aware of the issues with stock but adding 10% plus to the RRP is shocking.

Soldato
You complain they hid the pages, what do you want them to do? They gaVe you the links to the cards here, meaning forumites were more likely to get a card. If they hadnt hid the pages, the robots would have been set up ready.

Except they posted those same links on Twitter 30 minutes before they posted them here :p

Underboss
Wait people are surprised at price gouging or the good old "£/$ fluctuations"?

I'm more surprised at this than I am at the actual gouging.

Back
Top Bottom