• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Caporegime
So just as much of a shower as the Ampere launch... but I thought this one was going to be different...
It's AMD - always assume the worst when it comes to a launch :p.

Wonder if OcUK are currently having a management/comms meeting to address the growing anger on the forums?

I have been fine paying more at OcUK and that wasn't exactly common (when a deal was on + free shipping) but this does seem to take the biscuit.

Associate
Unless you literally have no GPU and need to complete a build, folk paying over the odds OCUK gouge prices for these (and Nvidia 3000's) are nuts. Its a GPU you probably don't need to play any of your games.

OCUK has good deals pretty regularly on existing hardware but on new releases they shame themselves time and time again.

Associate
Managed to get a 6800XT...I think, still showing pre-order. I'm not happy to pay the extra £80 but seeing as I missed out on green and I'm running a 970, may as well treat myself!

Associate
Except in this case, the architect knew when there would be 8000 people trying to get in and could have implemented solutions to cope with the temporary additional footfall.
That's a perfect analogy. What could have the architect done ... They wouldn't demolish the entrance wall and make it wider just for the one day everyone wants to get in... There's little the architect can do in reality!

Associate
Jesus some of you lot are so entitled. Nobody owes you anything.

They've got 8000+ people and 600 robots trying to buy 200 cards.

You complain they hid the pages, what do you want them to do? They gaVe you the links to the cards here, meaning forumites were more likely to get a card. If they hadnt hid the pages, the robots would have been set up ready. Then you same people would be here complaining "YOU MADE THE CARDS TOP LEVEL WE HAD NO CHANCE AS LOYAL FORUMERS"

It's like 8000 people trying to get through a door wide enough for 2, then complaining "YOUR BUILDING SUCKS".

Perfect :D

Associate
There's literally almost nothing they can do about the traffic. It's like that only 1 day of the year but mitigating for such increased traffic costs a lot so it's not worth the investment for just 1 day
It's not one day though - 3080, 3090, 3070, Ryzen 5000.....

Scalpers can't scalp if the retailers have already jacked the prices up. Smart thinking from OcUK.
They can try. There's a 6800XT listed for £1500 or best offer :D

Soldato
no one is entitled - people just want a fair option to purchase a card.

Adding £80 to RRP, sending links out of twitter at 2pm and not linking in the forums till 2.29pm doesn't make for a fair game.

Everyone is well aware of the issues with stock but adding 10% plus to the RRP is shocking.

Typical OCUK scam, this is their MO all the time.

Soldato
Except in this case, the architect knew when there would be 8000 people trying to get in and could have implemented solutions to cope with the temporary additional footfall.

They had Anti DDOS, Anti Bot protections and increased their server load. What do you want? You cannot sell 200 cards to 8000 people, however angry you get.

Caporegime
I'm going to get a used 1080ti and just live with it. And get an xbox later.

Just not worth it. This experience may have saved me a lot of cash in the long run

Associate
There's literally almost nothing they can do about the traffic. It's like that only 1 day of the year but mitigating for such increased traffic costs a lot so it's not worth the investment for just 1 day
It's not one day though - 3080, 3090, 3070
Scalpers can't scalp if the retailers have already jacked the prices up. Smart thinking from OcUK.
They can try. There's a 6800XT listed for £1500 or best offer :D

Soldato
So the links were posted here 29 minutes after supposed 2pm launch.

Forum crashed for me and was not responding so I would not be able to see the links anyway. I was refreshing amd section over at ocuk website and I managed to see 6800xt and 6800 listings around 2:40pm. They were already sold out by that time.

Very interesting when people really could start buying the cards, was it 2pm or was it 2.29pm when gibbo posted the links?

Back
Top Bottom