• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Jesus some of you lot are so entitled. Nobody owes you anything.

They've got 8000+ people and 600 robots trying to buy 200 cards.

You complain they hid the pages, what do you want them to do? They gaVe you the links to the cards here, meaning forumites were more likely to get a card. If they hadnt hid the pages, the robots would have been set up ready. Then you same people would be here complaining "YOU MADE THE CARDS TOP LEVEL WE HAD NO CHANCE AS LOYAL FORUMERS"

It's like 8000 people trying to get through a door wide enough for 2, then complaining "YOUR BUILDING SUCKS".

Dude you trolling? The links were posted well after anyone could see them post 2pm, Who knew the new AMD cards wouldn't go under the AMD card section? Who knew the cards would be £80 over priced because what robbing cash grab from customers?

Love it when people band entitled around like some sort of entitlement, troll on else where kiddo.

Associate
Lol wow, OCUK, just wow. That is really disgusting behaviour.

I don’t see why anyone lets them get away with it, they are literally the only site adding a mark up, the ONLY ONE lol.

Caporegime
Yep. None ocuk forum members and bots had a whole 30 minutes to empty stocks before forum members got offered the cards at £80 markup and pre-order..............

This for me is the worst part. More than the mark up.
To know there are loads of forum users waiting, and then to put the links on twitter first? Yeah I'm out. Even if I do continue with pc gaming. Not coming here anymore

I think I'll look elsewhere for anything in the future. I didn't even realise the mark up when I saw the price.

Associate
Had the option of buying one, got into the final page as well. But I couldn't justify that extra £80. I get the card is already expensive, but an extra £80 feels a bit much for me. Hope everyone got what they wanted, though.

Associate
Don’t forget to contact AMD about ocuk’s pricing, they sent out guidelines to stores about putting in anti bot measures and pricing.

it will be interesting to see if amd pick up on this

Soldato
They're doing it with everything; I'll never shop here again and I'm absolutely firm on that.
You're probably the exception to the rule, if you hold to it. People talked about voting with their wallet with the 30x0 launches, where exactly the same thing happened, yet here they are again - shocked, shocked I tell you - that prices were inflated.

Associate
Wait people are surprised at price gouging or the good old "£/$ fluctuations"?

I don't think it's the surprise, more the annoyance that the gouging then tries to be justified - Fx fluctuations, costs of forward purchasing etc. I might have more respect if someone just said "we're just trying to make as much profit as we can because we know someone will buy at this price, even if it's not you".

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Cancelled my 5600X preorder because of this. It's 'only' a 20 quid markup but I don't want to do business with these people any more. I'll wait and buy it elsewhere.

Same. I'll be getting my new Threadripper from somewhere else as well.

Soldato
raw

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Well I feel like a mug.
Refreshing ocuk on their amd page and its hidden, by the time the links get mentioned they are all gone on top of the ocuk price gouging.

Welp, guess ill upgrade next year and definatly not from ocuk.

Same here unfortunately. If I’d known they’d have their own separate listing I’d have looked there but couldn’t find them until they’d turned to pre-orders.

Scalpers must be rubbing their hands right now.

Couldn’t get an Nvidia or AMD GPU on day 1, nor a new console.

Back
Top Bottom