• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
If I had a pre-order button at around 14:45 and got through to payment, have been charged in my bank acc and received an order confirmation email - does that mean I got it?

Associate
Would have been nice if they were showing up in the AMD graphics card section, wasted 30 mins refreshing and clicking about trying to find them, later to discover direct links to the items posted on twitter - but no mention that would be happening here on the forums or whatever. Lame.

Soldato
Yes what happened? 13.45 was on the AMD card page. Never saw the links in the nav bar on the rare occasion the page would load.

Went on twitter, clicked your links, only to be greeted by information pages, no where to purchase. Once those pages finally loaded.

Eventually get in and all gone even with an £80 price hike.

I mean I expected issues. But did someone really hide the card options on the navigation bars?

Won't even ask about the price hike. Everyone knows it. OcUK response will just be an embarrassing lie.

Soldato
Gibbo actually posted in the forums before they went live way before 2 saying they were extremely limited so what else can you ask the guy to do? - give him a break

He tried to keep folk informed- instead of throwing the dummy out of the pram why doesn't everyone think that 200 cards for 8000 folk was never going to make everyone happy

If you lot need someone to take you to the AMD Category to find cards (and need a link posted) & cannot work your way around a website for products then you have more issues than trying to get a card

maybe try to grab the European Computer driving licence if that is still a thing- or even ask your Gran for website navigation help

stop with the bleeting

You do realise that no-one could get onto the page (i even checked with curiosity and couldn't get on) , and the link was only posted on Twitter REALLY!!

Then only posting the link 20 mins after and by then all of them were sold.

Associate
Well after only finding out the launch was today at 13:45, I managed to nab one. I was planning on holding onto it until I build an AMD system when the Ryzen 5000s are back in stock but from the price hike I might try to recoup my losses!

I was suspicious enough when this message appeared above the payment button at checkout...
"Ein Artikel aus Ihrer Bestellung ist nicht mehr verfügbar! Bitte entfernen Sie die Position aus dem Warenkorb!"
Google translation:
"An article about your order is not worth it! Get acquainted (gain, obtain) with your position on the Warenkorb!"

Still, it's gone through, I'll see what happens and what I decide.

Soldato
i had 6 different sites open while one was loading checkout and payment i was clicking the other pages. this is the good thing about 4k, i can run 4 websites on one screen at 1080p at once

I have no idea how you managed that. Every website died for me. Fair play!

Soldato
Would have been nice if they were showing up in the AMD graphics card section, wasted 30 mins refreshing and clicking about trying to find them, later to discover direct links to the items posted on twitter - but no mention that would be happening here on the forums or whatever. Lame.

They know the forum is full of mugs who will pay anything for anything and feel like OCUK are some kind of "mate"...it's so weird watching people crawl up Gibbo's a**.

Associate
You do realise that no-one could get onto the page (i even checked with curiosity and couldn't get on) , and the link was only posted on Twitter REALLY!!

Then only posting the link 20 mins after and by then all of them were sold.

Yep the direct links were posted on facebook and twitter before 2pm, but those of us watching from the forums didn't get a direct link until everything had been sold. So much for forum member loyalty, I'm going to think seriously hard before I buy anything from here again any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom