• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
have i got this right? they went live but in a hidden section on the site so only select people could even see them?? if thats true then thats DISGRACEFUL!!
No that's not in the least bit right.

The cards and the categories were all meant to go live at 2PM but due to traffic load the server which caches the website couldn't cope. This meant that depending on which of the server nodes your browser connected to, you'd either see the category or you wouldn't. It was pot luck...Even I couldn't view the cards online and I'm in the OcUK office.

It's not something that we cannot control, we tried to put traffic easing technologies in place but even those turned out to be insufficient.

You guys should know Gibbo better than that by now...if he was going to intentionally try to fiddle it to benefit any customer group it would be forum members

Soldato
pains me to say this but if your ordering Reference, or when its opened up to pre-orders. XFX and sapphire have been given the most Reference stock. Though most should know this as they are solely AMD partners etc

Soldato
OCUK better have the best best Christmas Party and give some money to local hospice and orphanage. the amount of money they made this year on new launches...Zen 3, RTX 3080/3090, RTX 3070 and now RX6800 and 6800XT and in Dec RX 6900XT

Associate
Managed to snag Powercolor 6800xt from actual Nvidia's preferred partner and for £60!!!!!! less, OCUK are a joke. But I must thank them for the experience they gave me with 3080 order that I will be cancelling as soon as AMD arrives. Thanks to that 3080 pantomime, I knew for a fact not to even try to order 6800xt from here, it focused my effort.

Associate
wtf... besides the site being down - not a sniff of the cards on the amd cards section of the site until its too late... how on earth were you supposed to even get to them (if the site was still responding..
At least AMD Uk had stock at £587 for the 6800xt. Thats a lot of card for £587.
Yep... wish I had just gone there and played f5 roulette instead

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Gibbo actually posted in the forums before they went live way before 2 saying they were extremely limited so what else can you ask the guy to do? - give him a break

He tried to keep folk informed- instead of throwing the dummy out of the pram why doesn't everyone think that 200 cards for 8000 folk was never going to make everyone happy

If you lot need someone to take you to the AMD Category to find cards (and need a link posted) & cannot work your way around a website for products then you have more issues than trying to get a card

maybe try to grab the European Computer driving licence if that is still a thing- or even ask your Gran for website navigation help

stop with the bleeting

I think the point people were complaining about was that if you looked in the correct category in the shop they weren’t listed.

Turns out that direct links to them had been posted on ******* and FB instead. Great if you follow OCUK on either I guess, not so great though if you don’t.

Associate
So many people complaining that Gibbo didn't post the links on the forum but also say the forum wasn't working for them..... it's likely that 25 past was the soonest he could get back on it itself to do so and tbh, most people are saying they bought after the forum post was linked, so it could be that everyone had just as fair a chance as each other.

Soldato
How hard is it to give the community a heads up that the page won't be displayed through Graphics cards > AMD?

All he had to say was, keep an eye on our twitter feed for the most up to date link. DONE. Easy.

Na, how about we let everyone smash F5 on the AMD product page when he knows it's never going to be listed there until it's sold out.

Associate
I just looked at the 5700-XT hyperlink and amended it to 6800-XT. Never realised they were posted on Twitter. Thought it was a traffic calming measure. Still hopeful the +£79 was a traffic calming measure and even those who successfully receive the cards will receive their £79 back too... How naive of me, I know!

Soldato
No that's not in the least bit right.

The cards and the categories were all meant to go live at 2PM but due to traffic load the server which caches the website couldn't cope. This meant that depending on which of the server nodes your browser connected to, you'd either see the category or you wouldn't. It was pot luck...Even I couldn't view the cards online and I'm in the OcUK office.

It's not something that we cannot control, we tried to put traffic easing technologies in place but even those turned out to be insufficient.

You guys should know Gibbo better than that by now...if he was going to intentionally try to fiddle it to benefit any customer group it would be forum members

Given AMD's letter warning retailers of bots and scalping, how did you come to the conclusion that it was acceptable to scalp yourself?

Back
Top Bottom