• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
So many people complaining that Gibbo didn't post the links on the forum but also say the forum wasn't working for them..... it's likely that 25 past was the soonest he could get back on it itself to do so and tbh, most people are saying they bought after the forum post was linked, so it could be that everyone had just as fair a chance as each other.

The links were posted on social media prior to 2pm, they could have put the same links in this chat before 2pm, but didn't, I'm sure it wasn't intentional but it reduced our chances of getting one without. Hopefully they learn from this and avoid it in future.

Associate
I think the point people were complaining about was that if you looked in the correct category in the shop they weren’t listed.

Turns out that direct links to them had been posted on ******* and FB instead. Great if you follow OCUK on either I guess, not so great though if you don’t.

HRL I don't know why they were having problems as I found them in there no problem - chances of getting a card are remote but I definitely found them in the correct category

Soldato
I just looked at the 5700-XT hyperlink and amended it to 6800-XT. Never realised they were posted on Twitter. Thought it was a traffic calming measure. Still hopeful the +£79 was a traffic calming measure and even those who successfully receive the cards will receive their £79 back too... How naive of me, I know!

This was my method too, and it worked to an extent - managed to get one in to the basket but didn't manage to check out. Wasn't too impressed by the OcUK price hike though, so I'm not too disappointed by lack of checkout.

Associate
Oh look, Overclockers price gouging. Surprise surprise. I actually got through to purchase a 6800XT but cancelled after seeing the price gouge. Should be ashamed with your greed.

Associate
The links were posted on social media prior to 2pm, they could have put the same links in this chat before 2pm, but didn't, I'm sure it wasn't intentional but it reduced our chances of getting one without. Hopefully they learn from this and avoid it in future.

They could have said on the forums that link would be on ******* or Facebook before the event, thats not breaking NDA, or at the very least said check them for the latest info.
So most of us were stuck F5 on a page that was never gonna go live for us.... Brilliant.

The scalping is disgusting, Overscalpers.

Soldato

They learn from nothing, all they care about is robbing customers for every last penny, thery've even scammed their forum members with this one.

Associate
I had a chance (it appeared, anyway) at 14:08, but I couldn't pull the trigger on the OCUK gouge. The last few launches have convinced me to use this forum as a resource, but to make all my future hardware purchases elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom