• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
The links were posted on social media prior to 2pm, they could have put the same links in this chat before 2pm, but didn't, I'm sure it wasn't intentional but it reduced our chances of getting one without. Hopefully they learn from this and avoid it in future.
That's not true, they were posted on twitter at 14:06 (the time keeps going further back each time someone mentions it on this forum)

I agree that all links should be posted at the same time across the board, but everyone here knows that the forum got ****** around the time the links would be posted. They can't post them sooner because of the embargo in place.

It sucks, it's ****, it's frustrating but it is what it is and it's just a graphics card, in a month or two you'll all have what you wanted, really don't see why there is such intense anger from a lot of people.

Associate
I think ordering a reference model is a mistake. The AIB cards will arrive very soon and most likely with better cooling and noise performance. It's not like the Ryzen CPUs where there's zero competition and therefore no reason to wait - the GPUs will have a slew of options, overclocks, sizes, etc. Not to mention the lowered stress levels of avoiding the rush.

Soldato
That's not true, they were posted on twitter at 14:06 (the time keeps going further back each time someone mentions it on this forum)

I agree that all links should be posted at the same time across the board, but everyone here knows that the forum got ****** around the time the links would be posted. They can't post them sooner because of the embargo in place.

It sucks, it's ****, it's frustrating but it is what it is and it's just a graphics card, in a month or two you'll all have what you wanted, really don't see why there is such intense anger from a lot of people.

The twitter links did not work either! I was using those exact links but seeing no products until about 14:20 or so.

If Ive interpreted the OCUK explanation correctly, I would never have seen them because the web server I was connected to had not gone live.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
wtf... besides the site being down - not a sniff of the cards on the amd cards section of the site until its too late... how on earth were you supposed to even get to them (if the site was still responding..

Yep... wish I had just gone there and played f5 roulette instead

Its horse **** mate. 2pm my arse.. the cards pages didnt show up for me till about 2:15pm so I was basically looking at a stagnant page from this morning whilst others were in the checkout what chance have you got? I was using as many methods as possible to request a new page without me being a spammer and giving my local machine a chance. This was between server not responding messages, cloudflare overload screens, unbelievable.

Soldato
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-Rade...8a2729c73:g:-qUAAOSw~apftTbI&autorefresh=true

@Gibbo - Or any forum mod....

Think you need to have a look at this - someone gouging on ebay at £1450.

Bought from Ocuk - Order number 5952465/OC4112272

Highlighting this... @Gibbo @ScottiB you guys need to cancel that dude's order.

He was stupid enough to show his order ref on the images OC4112272.

Edit: And this other dude's order... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-RX6800-XT-16GB-Sapphire-Confirmed-Order/254782121526 (2nd screenshot)

I'm sure you can work out from his name, Jarrod Strachan ordered @ 14:38:24 the Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT MBA ordered.

OTN3bG7.jpg

53tSyVs.jpg

Associate
Back
Top Bottom