• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
Its horse **** mate. 2pm my arse.. the cards pages didnt show up for me till about 2:15pm so I was basically looking at a stagnant page from this morning whilst others were in the checkout what chance have you got? I was using as many methods as possible to request a new page without me being a spammer and giving my local machine a chance. This was between server not responding messages, cloudflare overload screens, unbelievable.

Correct, there were no product pages until 2:15 at the earliest.

Soldato
Its horse **** mate. 2pm my arse.. the cards pages didnt show up for me till about 2:15pm so I was basically looking at a stagnant page from this morning whilst others were in the checkout what chance have you got? I was using as many methods as possible to request a new page without me being a spammer and giving my local machine a chance. This was between server not responding messages, cloudflare overload screens, unbelievable.

Same for me - I refreshed those product link pages loads and they never showed the products.

xrs

xrs

Associate
They are selling them as ‘confirmed orders’. But they aren't confirmed. Only confirmed if you get shipping email instead of cancellation. NOT the order confirmation email.

Associate
So another launch day, another day of frustration and disappointment for those wanting a card.

I think OcUK need to do something different here.

Rather than have a launch date at a specific time that crashes the site where hardly anyone gets what they want and most people end up annoyed why not have some sort of pre-order lottery.

Prior to launch day allow people to request an item.
Put all of the applicants into a lottery and draw the amount of people that you expect to get orders for.
Advise the people they have been put into the pot and request either payment in advance, or a deposit to stop timewasters.

That stops all the crazy panic buying and lets everyone know prior to launch if you have any chance of getting one and helps stops bots. There will still be grumbles but at least everyone knows if they are likely to get something on launch day.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Back
Top Bottom