• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
I saw that same German message, but was not clued up enough on my German to understand it. So I'm in the oversold lot. I didn't get an order despite sitting there until order confirmation 14:48:16.

lesson learned. Now have to wait for the automatic refund. .... . . .

Associate
Ordered my Powercolor Radeon RX 6800 XT at 14:28:21 according to amazon pay and received confirmation at 14:31:13
but no shipping email has arrived yet... :(

Associate
I ordered mine at 14.41, paid with paypal as couldn't see details to pay by card, I got confirmation email 10 mins laters, however, my status just says ORDER RECIEVED : NOT YET SHIPPED :'(

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB

I don't know why I'm even bothering because I don't expect you to give us honest and transparent answers at this point, after what we've been seeing lately from this company.

But here goes I'll try anyway.
  • What are you going to do different next week when the AIBs are out?
  • Are you actually going to try and make sure your web pages are live and available to people?
  • Are you actually going to communicate with us about what stock you have?
  • Are you going to bump the prices up to silly levels well beyond what the RRPs are?

Its about time for some honesty.
I don't have anything to do with setting pricing on these products so I'm not going to comment on that but I will say that I when looked at our cost price I thought that the stated MSRP must have been a mistake.

As for the rest, you wouldn't believe how much we've done to try to resolve these issues. We're investing in a new website and a whole new back end system but these take a long time to implement. We've restricted the regions who can purchase these products and also invested in some server side traffic controls, bot protection AND third party "Cloudflare" protection but these combined still haven't been able to protect us from the hundred fold traffic surge. This traffic clogs up our servers and causes our own back end access portal to crash before the NDA lifts, so we are unable to do what we'd usually do to ensure that products show up on time. This traffic starts to hit us well before the actual launch time, but obviously, we can't launch before the time on AMD's NDA because they could refuse to supply stock if we did.

Can we find and implement another solution in time for next week? possibly not, but don't think that we don't share your frustration.

As for communicating what stock we have, Gibbo does. Specifics don't really help anybody as they just add to the panic and it also gives the scalpers more ammunition and more reason to try their luck. Needless to say AMD's supply was nowhere near what we knew we'd need, hence Gibbo's very clear "limited stock" warning at the start of this epic tale.

Back
Top Bottom