• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
ok, got my "unavailable" email now,

not happy at Overclockers, very badly executed, i was refreshing the AMD section, and looking on the forum waiting for links..
but you post them on twitter, .... great, way to look after the forum members *slow clap* ,
could you not have done a simple curtesy of posting in the forum at the same time?

I eventually saw the links re-posted in the forum at about 2:30, did a 1st order, went through all, and then got a german error message.
did a 2nd order, completed that at 2:37, that was obvs too late.

oh well

Associate
Wasn't lucky today, however, I think the OcUk staff did a good job considering their website isn't built for this type of demand. Many thanks to the Ocuk staff and hopefully the prices will be fair on 25th :)

Considering they were £80 more than a competitor for the exact same card, I wouldn't hold out any hope for fair pricing.

@ everyone giving Jarrod a hard time, well yes he deserves it for being an utter scumbag, but OCUK themselves are just as bad.

Soldato
I’m considering holding out and getting a 6900XT, hoping those that those wanting bleeding edge shot their bolt on 3090RTX

I’m happy with a little less perf. for lots less money ;)

Soldato
I'm trying to cast my mind back to previous AMD and Nvidia launches, was it ever this bad before? My current card is a GTX 970, so I have missed a few of the last generation launches, but from memory even going back to Radeon 9600/9700/9800 cards, I dont think I can remember it being this messy, even during the financial crisis period.

Associate
"Ordered upon Request"....LOL

That's an AIB card. Just a placeholder they can't sell it until next Wednesday and I doubt they'll get any stock. Just trying to get hold of your money with no ETA.

Unfortunately that's probably what we're gonna be asked to pay for the AIB cards next week. Various 3080's dropped at a competitor today starting at £779 for a Palit card to £899 for an EVGA FTW3. Stupid prices but obviously sold out immediately. Not only Overclocker's scalping prices.

Associate
Sounds like you'll have it to be able to go again next week.
Hopefully! So annoying because i had it in my basket at 14:15 ish but it wouldn't let me checkout with my card untill 14:40. Never been so tense trying to get something i need so badly. damm intel integrated just wont cut it for shadowlands and it looks like im not going to be able to play :( sad faces all round

Back
Top Bottom