LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Got a 55” cx 5 on way this week. Could not resist the discounts over the weekend.

I have been using a 55” LG bx for past 18 months for pc use and it been great. No screen burn at all and I have a fair few 8 hour sessions, had use pixel refresher a few times and that was it.

Can’t wait for for this new model with g-sync and 120hz.

I am glad I am not the only one with a CX 55 on this thread;), did you buy it from JL?

Associate
Darn. Most of these desktop tv stands do not slide up or down? You have to unbolt them and change height? How stupid is this? Why do monitors slide up and down and not tv's? Am I missing something?

A monitor is much less weight than a OLED TV panel and if a TV stand could slide up/down the TV would slide down without any bots to support it again it's about the weight:)

The CX 55 is 19.5kg and a 32inch PC monitor is 5.8kg

So to solve your problem is to wall mount it if you can;)

Last edited:
Associate
Please could someone help me make a decision on this TV over monitor. How many are using this for desktop use please and how do you find it, and what previous setup have you come from?

How limited would a I be just using 1080TI I suppose 4.4.4 @ 60hz would it be OK? I suppose anything above would not be available as I think gsync not available either being that it is using HDMI rather than display port is this correct?

Has anyone who switched to 48cx own the LG 38" with gsync module prior to this.

Associate
Please could someone help me make a decision on this TV over monitor. How many are using this for desktop use please and how do you find it, and what previous setup have you come from?

How limited would a I be just using 1080TI I suppose 4.4.4 @ 60hz would it be OK? I suppose anything above would not be available as I think gsync not available either being that it is using HDMI rather than display port is this correct?

I had a LG 42inch TV now I have a LG CX 55inch OLED TV, on a desktop but I sit far away from it I also have a GTX 1080 TI and it works with this TV in HDR gaming you can run it at 120hz but not at 4.4.4 only 4.2.0 also it not g-sync GPU so it will not work with this TV, and your GPU HDMI is 2.0b 8/10bit colour just like the RTX 2080 TI only a RTX3080/90 will run a HDMI 2.1, 120hz 10bit colour with g-sync on this TV there is no differences between a DP vs HDMI If you mix the TV content you be ok because OLED is King for games and TV content ounces you go OLED you will not go back to LCD/LED panel again if you only play games with allots of static logo on screen and not change the TV content over then OLED is not for you.:p

If you do buy an OLED buy it from JL with the burn-in cover

We can't change your mind we can only give you our opinions the choice is yours;)

Last edited:
Associate

Read my replies over the last few pages. Come from the AW3420DW with GSync. The OLED is my endgame display and blows everything else out of the water.

Associate
I've noticed something odd on the latest firmware (03.11.25). 3840x2160@120hz 4:4:4 10-bit works for me. However I can't get 2560x1440@120hz 4:4:4 10-bit to work. It always goes to 60Hz. I have to lower it to 8bit to get it to work at 120hz at 1440p. Anyone else notice this? It doesn't make any sense to me if 4k works.

Have a 3080 and hdmi 2.1 cable.

Associate
@AORUS and @Minato

Thanks guys for answers and advice. Also Minato I have looked back and found the information coming from previous monitor very useful. I am hoping if I purchase to use the 1080ti for as long as i can, and let the GPU market settle. Although looking at AMD card hopefully the TV would be OK with freesync also?
Probably buy the Fitueyes Table top stand for it to get rid of bulge at back so as to fit more on desk.

Associate
I posted in this thread near the start, but I still haven't pulled the trigger on this TV.

People who bought this a few months ago, mainly for PC gaming, how are you finding it? Any regrets?

My biggest worry is that I mainly play WoW, League of Legends and Rocket League.

All have a fair amount of static elements and make me wary of pulling the trigger...

Associate
I posted in this thread near the start, but I still haven't pulled the trigger on this TV.

People who bought this a few months ago, mainly for PC gaming, how are you finding it? Any regrets?

My biggest worry is that I mainly play WoW, League of Legends and Rocket League.

All have a fair amount of static elements and make me wary of pulling the trigger...

I still switch over to my other monitors, for work related tasks.... A smaller screen is easier to use, IMO.
Anything other than work, I switch back to the TV.
Games, games... a bit more games.

No issues whatsoever for me. Absolutely love it. I sit about 1.5-2m away.
I do have a 3000 series card too.
No burn-in visible for me, white uniformity is great. WoW and LoL is pretty dark, so I wouldn't worry about any burn-in for those static icons. It's the things like sky sports and any bright static images you need to be worried about, but you should be good!

Cheers
Mark

Associate
Multiple people are reporting the latest beta firmware fixes all gsync stutter issues. Awesome!
I've noticed something odd on the latest firmware (03.11.25). 3840x2160@120hz 4:4:4 10-bit works for me. However I can't get 2560x1440@120hz 4:4:4 10-bit to work. It always goes to 60Hz. I have to lower it to 8bit to get it to work at 120hz at 1440p. Anyone else notice this? It doesn't make any sense to me if 4k works.

Have a 3080 and hdmi 2.1 cable.

Figured it out if anyone else encounters this - make sure "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" is disabled in Windows.

Associate

It's great. The size at first was a bit strange, but after a few weeks now I am very used to it. No issues w/ static elements - just make sure the Logo illuminance reduction is set to High in pixel saver settings, that will reduce the brightness of any problematic static logos.

Associate
When pricing & avaliability get more senisble sure, but DLSS helps in some games and if not supported you can lower settings - that's what gsync is fo afterall.

Exactly
And one can allways run it in 1440P - No Problemo

I will buy the CX -55 inch come BF, and im in no hurry at all to upgrade my 2060S. Earliest nextyear, when nVidia releases gpu's with more memory!

Soldato
I just got the LG NANO86 49” from JL for £579 (RRP £1k, was £699 pre Black Friday)
Basically the same TV as the OLED version (HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120Hz) but LCD and £1k cheaper.

This will be used as a desktop PC Gaming and PS5 monitor

Soldato
I just got the LG NANO86 49” from JL for £579 (RRP £1k, was £699 pre Black Friday)
Basically the same TV as the OLED version (HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120Hz) but LCD and £1k cheaper.

This will be used as a desktop PC Gaming and PS5 monitor

You have it now? How is it? Does this actually work with VRR via PC then? That's one aspect I wasn't clear on with the HDMI 2.1 equipped Nano range vs the CX OLED, which is officially G-Sync compatible.

Soldato
You have it now? How is it? Does this actually work with VRR via PC then? That's one aspect i wasn't clear on vs the OLED, which obviously does as it's officially G-Sync compatible.
I’ve just ordered it - coming next Wednesday. Fully expecting VRR to work with the 3070 :)

Back
Top Bottom