LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
I’ve just ordered it - coming next Wednesday. Fully expecting VRR to work with the 3070 :)

It may do, but the problem I've seen mentioned is the backlight. It's only 6-zones, so obviously can't compete with the per pixel illumination of an OLED, therefore you get significant blooming. Unless you turn the FALD off that is.

Soldato
It may do, but the problem I've seen mentioned is the backlight. It's only 6-zones, so obviously can't compete with the per pixel illumination of an OLED, therefore you get significant blooming. Unless you turn the FALD off that is.
Sure, it’s not perfect - my 9 year old isn’t that fussy though :)
I’ll compare it to our LG 65’ OLED downstairs when I get an opportunity

Associate
Randomly I thought I would check the software update section this morning... Seems to be downloading an update. Hopefully it's the gysnc stutter update.

Associate
I wonder why the JL model doesn't seem to get auto updates. Anyone else notice that? I had to flash the 03.11.25 version from the website using the Curry's model number to locate it.

Associate
So, apart from buying a new 2.1 hdmi card (Nvidia AMD) there is no other way of getting 2.1 on the 20 series? There's no switches? gadgets? converters etc?

That's right. There is a club 3-d adapter for displayport 1.4 to hdmi 2.1, but unfortunately it's quite buggy and doesn't support VRR.

Associate
To be honest, these "early" Black Friday deals don't impress me at all, a £1500 TV that LG then UP the RRP price to £1600 so they can knock it down to £1300 and make out you are saving £300...

Even if that was not a scummy move, and the TV was legit £1600 to begin with, a £300 saving on a large TV purchase is to be fair, a bog standard "on offer" price that you could get any time of the year if they felt so inclined to sell more....

So for Black Friday event, to be blunt, the price is a steaming pile of you know what....So far.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I wonder why the JL model doesn't seem to get auto updates. Anyone else notice that? I had to flash the 03.11.25 version from the website using the Curry's model number to locate it.

Yeah, it's annoying LG has that partnership deal with Curries guess it gives them first priority, everyone else gets it last almost. Guess us JL owners will have to wait a few more weeks to get it OTA or USB route. Wish these LG firmware guys just rolled it out for any Variant.

Soldato
My TV from JL updated to 03.11.25 automatically but waiting for the latest update.

Back
Top Bottom