• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato
Goodness, I only got a graphics score of 18685 (although at stock, just got the card today). What overclock are you running?

If I remember correctly the run had +210/220 on the Core. I run the card @ 100% fan speed in 3D Mark when running the benchmarks to get as much as I can out of it. But it gives you a solid idea of what these are capable of if under water for example :cool:

With a more conservative Overclock +120/130 gaming I usually get around 2020/2040 core speed consistently which is really nice :)

Associate
Enjoy your card !

Yup, my card is being dispatched from the Bolton place ... the NVIDIA site linked my order to them.
Mine is still awaiting picking lol
Eff me I hooe it wont be like with the original order..add to basket-check out-then email saying sozz youre now on a pre order queue...
As far as I know on nvidias site the green buy now button is only there when in stock , when its out of stock the button turns grey amd says out of stock...
Also on the bolton site in the 3090 fe page it states in stock with little freakin green letters so fingers crossed Ill get it by Friday
Thanks again for the heads up dude...
Youre the best stock alert "bot"

Associate
anyone regretting there purchase? I feel like if the 3080ti comes out in a couple of months with 20gb vram ill cry, i have a 10700k 32gb but a 980ti, its a hero but its days of running 3440x1440 are over, the 3080 is the card I should get I know but the 3090 is actually available and the games I run I have to run potato mode and even then I struggle with games like bl3, suck it up and wait few more months or pay double the price of a 3080 for 10% gains :( I am so tempted too say **** it but also the 3090 feels like such a rip off at that price especially compared too the 6900xt presentation, not been this undeceive about a gpu in forever lol

Associate
I'm the same Gabor, awaiting picking. They work late so should have a mail by 9-10pm.
Yeah actually called them and the lady (after 45mins wait) on the phone said Id get an email notification by the morning but curiously she couldn't say definitively whether the card was in stock in the warehouse at the moments despute it showing in stock on the product page and on nvidia's page..

Associate
anyone regretting there purchase? I feel like if the 3080ti comes out in a couple of months with 20gb vram ill cry, i have a 10700k 32gb but a 980ti, its a hero but its days of running 3440x1440 are over, the 3080 is the card I should get I know but the 3090 is actually available and the games I run I have to run potato mode and even then I struggle with games like bl3, suck it up and wait few more months or pay double the price of a 3080 for 10% gains :( I am so tempted too say **** it but also the 3090 feels like such a rip off at that price especially compared too the 6900xt presentation, not been this undeceive about a gpu in forever lol

Not at all, I bought the 3090 for the 24GB of memory, 10GB felt a bit too on the edge for future proofing but no doubt its better value... still dont regret buying the 3090 for a seocnd.

Soldato

I installed mine today, booted up RDR2 in 4K, running at 120Hz with maximum settings. Completely jaw dropping smooth. Yes it costs a small fortune, but I don't think there is going to be anything better for at least 18 months. You'll never have to worry about the memory capacity, which was my concern with the 3080.

My justification to myself was that I haven't been on holiday this year. Holidays cost a lot of money too. At least with my 3090 I can go on a virtual holiday in Hitman 2 and strangle some people while I'm at it too. Feels good.

Soldato

If you are thinking already about regretting it, then you will. As someone who has the 3090, well aware the 3080Ti will basically be the same thing, possibly 1%-2% difference. It will probs be £1k so in effect your paying £400 premium (FE vs FE) to get 1%-2% more then a 3080Ti and to get it now. Is it worth it, depends, 3080Ti will be a mad rush once again, will sell out quick and plenty want to crack on with gaming, well at least I do with Assassins Creed, Cyberpunk etc all out now and while in lockdown. :p

So no do not regret it, its not the best from a price to performance perspective, but given the mad state of hardware in this instance did not mind paying a premium to crack on with things. That and the FE blocks as its going under water look AMAZING!

Associate
Not at all, I bought the 3090 for the 24GB of memory, 10GB felt a bit too on the edge for future proofing but no doubt its better value... still dont regret buying the 3090 for a seocnd.

I feel the same. 10GB VRAM doesn't feel future proof enough for me, plus I do a lot of image ( and video ) editing with very large ( medium format ) files. If a GTX 3080Ti does materialise next year it probably won't be much cheaper than a GTX 3090 FE, and you can be certain there will be the usual low stock/scalper/price-gouging antics to contend with.

If I'm being honest with myself I think the AMD 6800XT ( and possibly 6900XT ) represent the best value at the moment, but good luck with purchasing one of those this side of 2020. However, I think NVIDIA's implementation of RT is more mature and I like DLSS 2.0 as a feature.

Last edited:
Associate
No regrets here and the 3080ti was actually the card I was waiting for. In the end I figured that the 3080ti would come out £999 rrp but be scalped to £1200 and could be out of stock until March 2021. I have the 3090 now it does everything I want and I dont have to waste anymore mental effort deciding on a graphics card. Although probably not worth the extra 200-400 quid over the 3080ti it is worth something and so I took the hit.

Associate
V08K8GM.jpg Had a project use 23gb vram in davince earlier, encoding at 8k high10 bit 4:4:4, would crash and fail to encode with less vram so meh, don't really care for 3080 ti.

And if 3080 ti doesn't have nvlink support, it's not really worth it to get for a few hundred quid less than 3090.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a particular method to getting a Bolton based 3090FE? Do they stick them up at a specific time or do you just have to sit F5ing?

Keep eye on forums, join discord, set up distil / alerts etc. Normally been afternoons, no specific day. Fortunately runs for 1+ hour window to grab them now.

Associate
Is there a particular method to getting a Bolton based 3090FE? Do they stick them up at a specific time or do you just have to sit F5ing?
U literally have to go on Nvidia's own website, on the 3090 page and click on buy now by the 3090 fe.. that's if it's in stock-if it is indeed in-stock and u click on buy now itll redirect you straight to Bolton's site.. team bolton dont have the 3090fe listed on their site at all..u have to go through nvidia mate.
I just checked and its now out of stock though, sorry.

Associate
Think someone posted the discord link here, that's what I used to get a notification they were back in stock.

The one I bought yesterday has been picked and being dispatched today. :cool:

Soldato
Found a telegram group with notifications for 3090FEs. Last lot were available for 4 hours so fairly confident in getting one.

Now my 4+ week wait for my LG 38WN95C is starting to stress me out, as is the 5950x wait... :/ 171 in queue and no sign of any delivery to OcUK.

Back
Top Bottom