*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I haven't watched much of the videos released, don't want to spoil anything if I can help it, but in that last video the gameworld seems largely devoid of people, both inside and out, that bar for example, one person in it!

At my age, I don't get hyped about anything much, except maybe in anticipation of my morning coffee and porridge, and I certainly haven't seen a lot to get hyped about (yet) in Cyberpunk.

Soldato
Looked....fine, i guess. Nothing particlarly exciting in what they did show. If the story isn't bang on then i think this could be a disappointment.

People really hype it up due to the story and theme (understandable for some), but everything else shown so far was... average (as in, already used/present in another game). Probably works kinda well enough with a stealth mechanic, but not so much as a shooter. Deus Ex is quite bad if you don't play it stealthy and this one looks just the same. But for those expecting some sort of GTA pew-pew cyberpunk style, yeah, could be a (big) disappointment.

Those "crowds", auch...

Man of Honour
Kinda looked like a Deus Ex mod

The feel I get from this game is a jumble of parts like Deus Ex, Omikron, GTA and Rage had a baby and I feel no connection to any of it - I watch the footage and as impressive any part of it is in isolation as a whole I don't know why I'd play it.

Soldato
The feel I get from this game is a jumble of parts like Deus Ex, Omikron, GTA and Rage had a baby and I feel no connection to any of it - I watch the footage and as impressive any part of it is in isolation as a whole I don't know why I'd play it.

Don't forget a smattering of Syndicate too.

Associate

Unfortunately I agree. It’s starting to look like they’ve tried to cram in so many themes, they’ve lost the focus I’d always imagined they initially had. I was just hoping for a very dark, Blade Runner type theme but each video it’s looking so GTA/Rage. I’ll buy it having waited so long now but sure I’ll be super disappointed.

Soldato
I genuinely don't see why people are being so turned off by it. I'm personally pumped for it, roaming night city at night time, finding shops to upgrade my body mods, getting eddies through questionable means to pay for said upgrades. Infiltrating corpo towers to hijack gear to help me defeat gang bosses, befriending street bosses to help fund my further appetite for top end cars and live the high life. All whilst trying to work out why Johnny Silverhand is in my noggin.

Sounds epic!

I do agree that the marketing is a little iffy with how cringy it is trying to pamper to everyone. They really need to focus away from the GTA crowd and focus on what the game IS, not what it CAN be.

Soldato
I genuinely don't see why people are being so turned off by it. I'm personally pumped for it, roaming night city at night time, finding shops to upgrade my body mods, getting eddies through questionable means to pay for said upgrades. Infiltrating corpo towers to hijack gear to help me defeat gang bosses, befriending street bosses to help fund my further appetite for top end cars and live the high life. All whilst trying to work out why Johnny Silverhand is in my noggin.

Sounds epic!

I do agree that the marketing is a little iffy with how cringy it is trying to pamper to everyone. They really need to focus away from the GTA crowd and focus on what the game IS, not what it CAN be.

I agree - Absolutely cannot wait :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Sounds epic!

This!

Back
Top Bottom