• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
@ScottiB on a different note, is there anyway to cancel an order that's already been shipped? not having a moan but I didn't realise how much more these cards were over the MSRP, I tried sending a webnote to cancel and tried calling but there was no answer (I can imagine it was very busy) and by the time I got through it had shipped.

I could go the scummy way and sell the card on ebay, but i'm not an as*hole.

Id b** it if it was a 6800xt but guess that isnt allowed lool

Soldato
Covid has been the best thing to happen to companies like Overclockers in years mate, I honestly can't see jn general how they're not having one of the best years in their history.... I know a couple of etailers selling similar stuff who definitely are. So jacking up the margin on a product for the sake of £25,000 in one day is a complete **** take.

Early on it was yeah, but now there is nothing of anything available to buy, maybe turnover has fallen off a cliff. Just speculating of course.

Associate
I think refunds for refused deliveries exclude delivery fee. Sorry, it's been over a decade since I dealt with any returns so I'm not sure.
Cheers, I tried to cancel the delivery through DPD but apparently only overclockers can do it as they are the sender, just have to hope they don't deliver while i'm on the school run tomorrow now.

Associate
Early on it was yeah, but now there is nothing of anything available to buy, maybe turnover has fallen off a cliff. Just speculating of course.

Don't worry about that. They've got a load of juicy, full cost 3080 pre-order money, and they'll soon have a load of juicy 6800xt AIB pre-order money to help out their struggling business.

They don't even need to have the stock yet!

Associate
Perhaps the issue at the moment is the stock of many products are non existant. CPUs, GPUs obviously, PSUs. Those are core products for OCUK and presumably turnover is very low on them right now as there aren't any. Maybe they had to add margin on the things they know would instantly sell.

Take AMD. XseriesX sold over 1.5m (apparently), think the PS5 at least the same so 3m units. Yet 6800/XT only 200 Yeah go AMD.

Soldato
The price compared to us is crazy, the fact the uk is now over paying us prices is just crazy.

We are on our 4th big launch of tech in about a month i have not got a clue how companies are not prepared or have a different method of selling then this laggy mess filled with scalpers but o well clearly no care.

GBP is pretty much at the strongest it's been vs the USD all year. Obviously we're still getting gouged by gougy mcgougeface.

Associate
well, funny enough, 3090 stock seemed to appear all over the place today.. funny that.. so after i failed on overclockers to get a 6800xt .. i said fk it, and went for an in stock 3090, should arrive friday!
(yes, expensive, but its for work, wink wink)

Associate
well, funny enough, 3090 stock seemed to appear all over the place today.. funny that.. so after i failed on overclockers to get a 6800xt .. i said fk it, and went for an in stock 3090, should arrive friday!
(yes, expensive, but its for work, wink wink)

Ah yes.. I'm sure it was a 'business expense' wink

Considering the same over here. The only reason that I haven't bought a 3090 yet -upon finding stock available- is that I'm still waiting on the 5900x. If I had the processor in hands, I'd probably spend on a 3090 to get a gpu faster.

Associate
Well I guess it's AIB Wednesday next week, Ill see all you guys again. I dread to think what the price will be for those cards, was really hoping to get the lowest end card and stick a water block on it.

Associate
Ah yes.. I'm sure it was a 'business expense' wink

Considering the same over here. The only reason that I haven't bought a 3090 yet -upon finding stock available- is that I'm still waiting on the 5900x. If I had the processor in hands, I'd probably spend on a 3090 to get a gpu faster.
I tried that with the wife, then she reminded me I was a stay at home Dad and looking after kids doesn't require a 3090.
I beg to differ... but she is the boss. :(

Soldato
We've paid more then US, because we have lovely VAT.

The prices in USA do not contain state sales tax, remember USA has different state sales % taxes for each state. Not like UK one VAT(sales tax) at 20%.

So any price you see in USA website remember it has no state sales tax, when you order it and they know what state its going to it will have the state tax added then or you will have to do your taxes at end of year and pay the tax on the item.

Take a look:-

FvkNrwa.png

Only States of Oregon and Montana do not pay state sales Tax because their states work differently but they get hit with state tax (like our council tax) rates in a different way and remember all USA people get hit with Federal tax too, so two taxes even before sales tax (My partner she is American and from state of Oregon).

https://taxfoundation.org/2020-sales-taxes/

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont always agree with NAAF but this one is spot on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYqfY3yM4Nk

Yep, spot on. Frank was an idiot for that tweet too for sure, so insensitive to customers knowing what he must about volumes available for launch. Can't believe AMD have ****** up again when all they had to do was forecast realistic manufacturing requirements.

Soldato
The price compared to us is crazy, the fact the uk is now over paying us prices is just crazy.

We are on our 4th big launch of tech in about a month i have not got a clue how companies are not prepared or have a different method of selling then this laggy mess filled with scalpers but o well clearly no care.
How much did these sell for in the US?

Back
Top Bottom