• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Had a 3070FE in my basket, by the time I had entered my Paypal 2FA code, it was out of stock and removed from the basket :(

My trusty 1070 will have to keep doing is job for a bit longer yet....

That's the annoying the about the new paypal system, having to enter a code.
Makes fast purchasing much slower.

Next time try checking out on your phone, if you have a password manager with touch/face unlock and pay via PayPal you can get though the checkout process in about 30 seconds without typing anything, including the 2FA code. Even the 2FA code auto fills from messages on an iPhone. Some password managers allow you to save/auto fill credit card data too.

It’s way too easy to buy stuff these days if you have that set up.

Soldato
Yea, not worth it. I'm coming from a 980ti that was second hand in 2016, and has 2x Noctua 120mm fans strapped to it with cable ties and needs bi yearly thermal paste re-application - so a pretty big upgrade for me.
Hah I had the exact same, some 3rd party hs, two 120 fans and some dodgy assembly using clips and string... The 980ti was a hot card.

Soldato
Next time try checking out on your phone, if you have a password manager with touch/face unlock and pay via PayPal you can get though the checkout process in about 30 seconds without typing anything, including the 2FA code. Even the 2FA code auto fills from messages on an iPhone. Some password managers allow you to save/auto fill credit card data too.

It’s way too easy to buy stuff these days if you have that set up.

2FA app is on my phone. From checkout to 2fa entry was about 15 seconds! Still too slow :(

First world problems, so no biggy.

Soldato
Looking at the extent to which overchargers UK scalped the reference AMD today you'd be paying £800 for the FE here lol. I don't blame Nvidia avoiding this place like the plague.

It’s sad, I’ve been a customer here for nearly 20 years and I’m sure it never used to be like this. Maybe a slight premium over the very large etailers (to be expected) but nothing like the scalping going on at the moment.

I always preferred OCUK, even if it meant paysinf slightly more but don’t really hold that view anymore.

oap

oap

Associate
3090 fe from nvidia, hopefully by friday, if not monday :)
Should be a nice upgrade from the 6700xt, had Nividia cards before but not for a few years

Associate
Fitted my 3090 FE today not sure why every review says its huge biggest ever etc.
its actually slightly smaller than My Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro + that it just replaced
though it is 400g heavier

Man of Honour
Mines been picked at least so so far so good but:

"We apologise for the delay. Your order is a priority for us to ship, and be assured that we are also aware of the delay. We will update you as soon as your order has shipped."

Probably due to the 6800 launch - wasn't surprised really - would have been nice to get it today as it is my day off.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Mines been picked at least so so far so good but:

"We apologise for the delay. Your order is a priority for us to ship, and be assured that we are also aware of the delay. We will update you as soon as your order has shipped."

Probably due to the 6800 launch - wasn't surprised really - would have been nice to get it today as it is my day off.
Nice to see you finally upgrading that 1070 mate ;)

Back
Top Bottom