• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
I've seen busy launches.
The 5870 had stock issues, but it didn't kill the website, and I could actually order one, etc etc,

Today I could have been after anything and completely unable to buy anything from OCUK because it just died.

This year has been an absolute joke for PC hardware, the price has escalated so much.
Well, covid. The vaccines will put rest to that but long term demand will likely have risen. Supply will meet that before long. At least there's competition in the gpu market at last.

Caporegime
Well, covid. The vaccines will put rest to that but long term demand will likely have risen. Supply will meet that before long. At least there's competition in the gpu market at last.

I'd buy that.
However the Ryzen 5XXX say "Made in China".

Pretty sure GPU's aren't made in the COVID hotspots either.

And I don't really understand how there's competition when they're both just sticking it to us.
It's more of a partnership than a competition.

Caporegime
Exactly my experience, NAAF talk, I had three competitor sites open and my mobile on its cell network so another internet line. ALl of them struggled to show the cards as it was delayed by 15mins or so then when you could see the hardware.. no buy button.. like WTF

It was an absolute joke and has happened every launch this year as far as I'm aware.
It's just crackers.

Associate
I had quite a few retailers open and couldn't buy one either so I telephoned the other big retailer was on phone for 30 minutes plus. But did get through and the chap on the other end let me order a 6800xt and did say I should get in a couple of days.

Also on the other site it does say in the FAQ that if you got a order number on email that you will get the card. And I did get a email with a order number.

This was and went through at 15:03pm.

Will see what happens

Associate
Mate just keep it and enjoy it, next set of cards for sale will probably be same model with another manufacturers sticker on it for £100+ more. So be happy you got one , it took me almost 2 months to get a 3090 and days and weeks wasted in time trying to find one in stock that I wanted and finally after 2 months got the pair of 3090s I wanted at a price that I was willing to pay for them and no they were not FE models. I wish I got the card I wanted for the extra you paid, I paid a lot more for mine in the gouging rate, one of the cards I paid £1700 and the second one £1580 same cards from same retailer and thank god they allowed the 2nd one at £1580 because days before I purchased at the right price and they let it slip.

Same retailer a few days later another card came up different brand and knew people wanted it on the forums Aorus Extreme 3090 and was priced again wrong, £1670 I purchased it but this time they said sorry wrong price and we can't let it slip this time and said to buy it again at correct price £1750.. I didn't but wanted to get it and help someone out here for one (same price I paid for it with the invoice) and then thought £1750 is a lot of money if I get stuck with it and have 2 already and I even offered one of mine to help out forum members earlier in the week for cost I paid £1580 not the £1700 one and they didn't bite then I sold the game code and Geforce code for £40 , knocked the card to £1540 and they still didn't bite for a card that sells for £1700, so I removed it from sale.

So do yourself a favor keep it be happy and then you won't be stuck for months trying to get one at the fake MSRP price that was only for a few cards from AMD as Nvidia did but difference is Nvidia still make the FE , AMD will not have anymore of these reference cards with their branding on it. You will thank me later ;).
I bought on a whim, and looking at some of the reviews (plus the fact I overpaid)
I'm not even sure it's the best card to get. Card would be great at retail price, but considering I paid more than a 3080s retail price for it and get less features plus less frames at 4k I will return it and just wait.

Associate
I must agree with you on this one! In fact, anything less than a top of the line 4k monitor to match this would be unfair to the kids too! How could you distract them with YouTube videos on anything less than 4k? Unbelievable
Can also start to get them interested in tech from an early age...

Do it for the kids.
Tried getting the kids onboard saying how they need rtx Minecraft at the highest fps... She wasn't having it. Lol.
She would flip if she even found out how much I spent on the 6800xt let alone a 3090.
Mind you, I'm returning it so I can just say it was an error or something.
Maybe I will get away with all my body parts.

Associate
Sadly this is the new norm, I am sure AMD are losing millions of potential revenue due to manufacturing shortages and massive demand.

The only winners here are the scalpers.

They have to be, which makes me wonder why they aren't trying to get on top of this for once. We had this problem last year, and there was no Covid-19 around then. I wonder what next year's excuses will be?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It was an absolute joke and has happened every launch this year as far as I'm aware.
It's just crackers.

I thought the embargo was 2pm lift. It took way past that for sites to even show up anything other than 5700 stuff - whats the craic with that? Why didnt they just put on the page "will be updated at 14:15pm" or whatever. Then anyway Ocuk admit they nudged on twitter a few minutes before 2pm a link to the cards... which is fubar as they didnt show up on refreshes like I said till 2:15pm (way too late).

Only annoyed as 1) they didnt all share how many units were up for grabs 2) some shady times they were 'updated' on the sites 3) I didnt even get as far as a checkout on any of them due to the cloudflare error pages, 'network not found' blank pages, random problem message pages then actual stock pages with no buy buttons!! pmsl mad as a hatter

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Those of us doing full system builds are 100% screwed :p

The amount of OOS items with no more stock expected this year... as you know it's not just limited to GPUs or CPUs..! It's almost everything PC related.

I'm responsible for OcUK's system business and my daily routine at the moment is a constant struggle to keep components in stock so that we can complete builds and to keep our system offerings up to date with parts what we can source.

To give you some idea of how bad things are at my desk, you won't find a single 6800 on offer in any of our systems at the moment, despite AMD probably expecting me to launch some systems for them. We had to make the decision a couple of days ago that all of this batch of cards will go to our DIY customers. In the last couple of days I've have had to kill or update every 2060 Super & 2070 Super PC due to the end of the supply and we've got very little in the way of 3000 series supply, so, unless you want a PC based around GTX 1660 or you are willing to wait, we're probably going to struggle to accommodate you. Similar issues obviously exist on the CPU front too, 10900K is as rare as hens teeth and Zen 3 is rarer. PSUs are still short in some wattage ratings & some SSDs are running out now too... I've got lots of cases but very little to put into them.

This year our cut off date for guaranteed Xmas system builds is the end of this month, last year iirc it was December 17th...it's all fun & games.

Please forgive the "oh woe is me" reply, I'm tired and it has been a loooooong day.

Back
Top Bottom