• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Its significantly weaker at 4k than the 3080, some games around 10% slower so some people are a little disappointed. Add to that the absence of proper RTX and DLSS, and RTX 3080 is overall a more polished product with better features for the price point.

It's not as dire as that, yes some games are weaker in 4k, but some are on par or slightly better. But the price point is way off, I payed £619.99 at competitor for 6800xt and I'm here still in the queue for 3080 x trio for £800, that's almost a 5600x for free difference, once in stock.

Associate
Just to give you some idea of the magnitude of demand for PS5s the UK stores this morning which have new stock had a queue system in place, and I checked purely out of interest and was placed 72,000th in queue. So demand for the PS5 even at launch is insane still, and they're sharing output of TSMC with Microsoft for the Xbox and AMD for both their new CPUs and the new video cards. I suspect supply for the AMD cards is going to be just as bad as Nvidia until probably well into next year.

Associate
Guys this product shall be made available to order at 10:30am this morning, we have 65pc in stock so do not expect to last long.

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 MBA 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card *VERY LIMITED STOCK* @ £599.99 inc VAT

21305-01-20G, *VERY LIMITED STOCK*, more cards shall be available from 25th November to pre-order, 2yr Warranty.
Only £599.99 inc VAT.
ORDER NOW - Available at 10:30am

DO NOT POST THIS INFO ANYWHERE ELSE, it is for OcUK forums ONLY!

Any idea if any returned 6800XT cards (I am sure some will happen - people didn't notice the price being higher, didn't like reviews etc.) will also be put back on sale like these 6800?

Associate
Guys this product shall be made available to order at 10:30am this morning, we have 65pc in stock so do not expect to last long.

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 MBA 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card *VERY LIMITED STOCK* @ £599.99 inc VAT

21305-01-20G, *VERY LIMITED STOCK*, more cards shall be available from 25th November to pre-order, 2yr Warranty.
Only £599.99 inc VAT.

I think you've got the title wrong - at this price it should be the XT model

Associate
That price increase was a hard pill to swallow. I wonder why the short-termism is so rampant? OCuk / Caseking needs to grow their business otherwise it's swallowed up by a bigger fish. Their growth will slow and stagnate if they lose too much consumer trust. It's a fine line being walked here, and they came down the wrong side too many times for me with this one. I'm looking at OCuk much less favourably now, and talking about them with less enthusiasm to my networks, friends, peers and colleagues. Enough small, insignificantly individual consumers like me doing the same... will require some expensive PR to regain trust, when it could have been avoided in the first place. Short term gain is rarely profitable in the long run.

Associate

Only £599.99 inc VAT.

You are a hero, I will be there :)

EDIT: didn't realised it was just the non-XT :(

Associate

Only £599.99 inc VAT.

I appreciate you've posted this to the forum only but...

I just can't get over that price, the 6800XT was literally priced at this exact amount at competitors yesterday.

Really don't expect to be scalped by OCUK you aren't an ebay reseller...

Associate
Is this why you have taken the business decision to consistently overcharge your customers for every significant product launch in 2020, do you not worry that as things normalise in 2021 you might have ended up doing inerrable harm to your business?

Sure at the moment you can get away with it us you seem to be one of they only retailers with any stock but people do have long memories, in the future do you think your current policy will make it more/less likely that people will buy from OcUK? When things normalise in 2021 I do worry that you will have made yourself a pariah, people are being pretty restrained on this forum, on others you're being ripped to shreds!

I do understand the stock situation, I do understand it must be stressful, I don't understand why OcUK has taken the decision to basically overcharge it's customers. I know you're not the only retailor doing it but to your credit you are one that at least offers a dialogue with your customers, as such you must see the dissatisfaction this is causing. Low/no stock and overcharging is not a great look is it! On a complete sidenote I would also "have a word" with 8Pack, coming into a thread to just pour a bit of salt on the wound just isn't a fab idea either.

I've been on this forum since 1998, I've been building PCs/computers since getting a ZX80 (yes I'm really old), this year has been ****, you just feel like you being mugged off.

You've got to do something about your website, that at least is within your control, the fact that it goes belly up on every single launch and has now way control stock in real time again is just adding to peoples frustrations. If business is booming then use the peak in demand/profit to improve your infrastructure. Taking peoples money when you know you don't have the stock to back it up just isn't cricket, you need to sort that out ASAP. If you're going to sell products at a premium price then you need to provide a premium service, surely it's not too much to ask to have a working website/stock control?
Sadly overclockers are one of the only companies in the UK even selling these cards and they know it, and they
Why did you buy a GPU you don't want?
the review embargo came out the same minute it went on sale, was zero time to research the card, i clearly did want it, but after looking at reviews the 3080 looks the better card for me, especially considering i paid more than msrp.

Associate
You just made that up.... Jesus.

If you read back a few pages, he didn't realise he paid what he did till he got the order confirmation email.
that was part of it, but it meant i was paying more than msrp of a 3080 which i believe is a better card, if i was ppaying less i would be happy and accept the cards downfalls, but the fact i will get a 3080 for the price i paid in a few months madew it not worth it. obviously i had no idea which was the better card until reviews released.

Associate

Only £599.99 inc VAT.

Like other posters - I'm already miffed about not getting the XT at £90 over the odds that I'm not going to pay the XT retail price for the non-XT - I'll wait it out.

Back
Top Bottom