• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
They are allowed to sell custom cards next week.

Manufacturers make more money from custom cards
Retailers make more money from custom cards
Customers pay more for custom cards :p

It's the same chip in a reference card as a custom card so manufacturers have no reason to use chips for low margin reference cards when they don't have to. They had to make some for launch.

I assume the quote refers to the 5000 series CPU though as that's the thread we are in :D

On the subject though, I managed to bag a 3080 but now the 6800xt's have been reviewed I have buyer's remorse and want the top 6900XT. Can hardly believe that AMD managed to make up so much ground! :)

Associate
if the avability wasn't an issue I would have considered upgrading to a higher CPU or all the way to the 5950 but how things are I think I'm happy for now in a queue

Soldato
why has this round of hardware been so **** poor for stock?
It's not just a case of stock being poor, it's a case of demand being higher for new computer parts this year than any other year in history due to the pandemic meaning people are spending more time indoors ands have more money to spend.

Example being it's not just the Ryzen CPUs that are sold out everywhere, it's also the Ryzen CPU bundles. People are literally buying up all the bundles with the intent to eBay the motherboard/etc so they can jump the queue on the CPUs, this type of demand is unprecedented.

Soldato
anyone had any updates on the 5950x`s yet when ocuk will be getting more in stock :/
remember when i said i order also from a place simlar to the words wmd lol got the cpu and motherboard bundle 2 in stick showed then i waited 3 days and phoned up asking why its not been shipped yet i though cause they where testing it that they would need more time but when i phoned up they said i wouldnt get shipped until middle of next week so i canceled im sure that website puts this back in stock to get sales but does not actually have the product and one you buy you have to wait for them to get stock before shipping out to you lol
so i canceled hence why im asking if anyone has any progress report on ocuk`s stock as im 79th to get one lol

Associate
There's been a very useful update at the other place:

They have some dates where they are going to receive something, though the dates aren't definite and the quantity unknown. :rolleyes:

Associate
There's been a very useful update at the other place:

They have some dates where they are going to receive something, though the dates aren't definite and the quantity unknown. :rolleyes:
LoL i have 2 on order at another place and on here. The other place cant tell me anything at all. No updates, no idea when they will get them.
i just wish thse companys would take a leaf out of Apples Book lol. I ordered a brand new Mac Book Air and got it day of launch :S no issues at all. Funny eh

Associate
Waiting on my Asus Strix OC 3090, went to change from the intel CPU on original order to Ryzen 5950x, as I'm waiting anyway.

They couldn't just change the CPU (and take extra money off me like they did for the PSU upgrade) they needed me to re-order a CPU as a new purchase because of the way they do their queues.

Took OC over a week to change it and now I cant order the CPU, I could cry.

Associate
Waiting on my Asus Strix OC 3090, went to change from the intel CPU on original order to Ryzen 5950x, as I'm waiting anyway.

They couldn't just change the CPU (and take extra money off me like they did for the PSU upgrade) they needed me to re-order a CPU as a new purchase because of the way they do their queues.

Took OC over a week to change it and now I cant order the CPU, I could cry.

Shame on them for that, that's not on at all.

Soldato
It's not just a case of stock being poor, it's a case of demand being higher for new computer parts this year than any other year in history due to the pandemic meaning people are spending more time indoors ands have more money to spend.

Example being it's not just the Ryzen CPUs that are sold out everywhere, it's also the Ryzen CPU bundles. People are literally buying up all the bundles with the intent to eBay the motherboard/etc so they can jump the queue on the CPUs, this type of demand is unprecedented.

Just goes to show pc gaming isnt dieing like we hear know and again, especially when new consoles are released.

Associate

Example being it's not just the Ryzen CPUs that are sold out everywhere, .

Plus webcams shortage, home printers shortage (i recommend go straight for colour laser by the way), and the all important bogrolls.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
New post got actually updated with some new info, you can check it out https://www.overclockers.co.uk/blog...eliveries-and-stock-of-ryzen-5000-processors/
They've added "Overclockers UK is also expecting a small amount of 5950x by end of the week.".

Reading that update page :rolleyes:

"To keep customers updated our product manager “Gibbo” is posting regularly on the Overclockers FORUM"

"5900X – 85pc coming from a non-official distributor and these cost us about £10 more than what we have sold them for. However, we are happy to lose £10 a CPU to get customers their orders ASAP."
Considering they were sold for £30-40 over rrp, losing £10 profit per CPU is hardly a mega sacrifice!

Back
Top Bottom