BBC and the Fairytale of New York

Soldato
Bit of a non issue, it would be a problem if the entire song was censored, same editing happens with Rap & Grime doesn't it ? More surprising that Radio 2 is actually allowing it to go raw

Pet Northerner
Don
Bit of a non issue, it would be a problem if the entire song was censored, same editing happens with Rap & Grime doesn't it ? More surprising that Radio 2 is actually allowing it to go raw

pretty much this, if other swearies / derogatory names get the quick chop then no harm here. It doesn't take anythign away from the song really.

Soldato

Always entertaining listening to Kerrang Radio of an evening. They’ll run trailers for “Kerrang Unleashed” with a tag line “After dark there are no rules” and promptly follow it with some crappy radio edit of Limp Bizkit with every other word dubbed out.

Caporegime
I mean....you could get outraged at this if you want.

Or you could get outraged that ports are already at a near standstill and food security is at risk from January.

Soldato
I don't have a problem with the meatball word :))) being removed, but it would have been so much better if that old remake had used cheap lousy maggot instead, at least it would have flowed properly and not sound slightly wrong against the cadence of the rest of the song.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure this comes out every year but I thought it's been 'dubbed' for the the last 5 or so years, as someone mentioned earlier Money for Nothing got pulled years ago for the exact same thing (I think Dire Straits refused them permission to remove/blank it out) so they said we'll never play it again.

Associate
Incoming discussion - should the word faggot be censored on this forum, the word **** is, what if we want to discuss birdwatching?

Check out these lovely blue **** I saw in my garden yesterday.

Caporegime
Us gays honestly don't care about this sort of petty BS, we use the word all the time and it's actually insulting that they are censoring lyrics like this, pure woketivism in action.

Back
Top Bottom