• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Cheers, I'm on BT 50Mb so should be okay? It would be nice for him to set it up for the first time so long as he doesn't need to stare at a download progress bar for ages.

Also, what's the big day one release game to have?

Should be fine.

I haven’t got it myself but Demon Souls seems to be the biggy. Getting good reviews etc.

Caporegime
It'd be nice if you could just order and have them deliver when they get enough consoles in stock instead of all this egg hunt BS.

Soldato
IMG-6230.jpg

Sons arrived at 8am via dpd, all tested/updated and boxed back up for christmas. Second one for a friend via amazon is due by 5pm via hermes (shudder). Managed to snag myself one from EE this morning due by 15th December. Expensive xmas for me but what the hell, it's lockdown!

Associate
IMG-6230.jpg

Sons arrived at 8am via dpd, all tested/updated and boxed back up for christmas. Second one for a friend via amazon is due by 5pm via hermes (shudder). Managed to snag myself one from EE this morning due by 15th December. Expensive xmas for me but what the hell, it's lockdown!

I missed out on ee despite signing up for everything they didn't let me know and I forgot to look o well I'll keep trying. :D

Man of Honour
IMG-6230.jpg

'tested'. Heh. 'Boxed back up' - sure :p

Associate
Sons arrived at 8am via dpd, all tested/updated and boxed back up for christmas.

Don't forget they'll be releasing periodic updates between now and 25th December, so you'll have to switch it on just to make sure its working every now and again. Also, need to check the games keep working and the controllers hold their charge....

Associate
Order at Curry's is now in-progress, what about you guys?

In progress to being cancelled ?

Seriously, hopefully that isn’t the case and you get it ok. Will go and look at my own order and see what it says now. Did you put your order in before 9am ?

ps. Just checked ... mine says “in progress” also.

Associate

Seriously, hopefully that isn’t the case and you get it ok. Will go and look at my own order and see what it says now. Did you put your order in before 9am ?

I did mine before 9am, says in progress. Not to fussed as I got another one from very as a backup plan just in case one did not turn up. Which is due on the 17th.

Soldato

Yeah, our friends on Discord gave us the hint. Not sure why they are being inconsistent with cancelling orders - surely it's as simple as cancelling anything placed before their official time.

Soldato
It'd be nice if you could just order and have them deliver when they get enough consoles in stock instead of all this egg hunt BS.

FOMO drives more sales though

It would be perfectly easy to let everyone place orders for a month with a group of select retailers and then deliver stock on a raffle basis, assigned randomly as it's available. Everyone gets a fair shot, setting up sniping bots etc. becomes pointless and those who are really desperate will just go to any scalpers lucky enough to get the first batches.

BUT

That doesn't generate the excitement or the buzz of a stock shortage "wow everyone wants of these, they must be good, maybe i should be getting one too"

No negative press with this sort of thing just "so many people want a PS5, the demand is off the charts, thundering success"

Soldato
Had a small panic, put the disc in wrong way (would have assumed the printed side faces out to the right), said disk could not be read, but then realised my error!

I did that too. I feel like the way they've mounted the drive is backwards. It'd be the right way up if you had it on it's side, but vertically, I think it's wrong.

I sold my PS4 Pro a few months ago and my PS Plus expired last month. I'm hoping there is a juicy Black Friday deal so I can pick up 12-15 months.

Back
Top Bottom