Arctic Freezer 34 CO/ESports owners - help please

Soldato
Can anyone with the Freezer 34 measure the clearance between the motherboard and the bottom of the fan please?

I know the cooler is meant to be out of the 'ram zone', however I am still worried as I have a mITX board and the RAM I have is fairly tall (46mm), so I just want to be sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
yea you might have issues.

I measured mine at about 41 or 42mm (hard to see from the angle) but I use ram thats 45mm tall and it would hit the front fan if the slot was under it.

my 34 duo doesn't go over the first ram slot but I do have an Matx board.

you could check pc part picker also to see if anyone else has done it, there seems to be a few mitx builds using the various freezer 34 variants

CwyyqKV.png
CwyyqKV

Last edited:
Soldato
ITX or ATX doesn't make difference to CPU socket clearance area size.
CPU socket specifications demand boards to have certain area around socket reserved for cooler/only limited height parts inside it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.
I did look at pc part picker but no one used the same board as me.

Based on the last post above hopefully it should fit. I’ll find out tomorrow anyway!

Soldato
ITX or ATX doesn't make difference to CPU socket clearance area size.
CPU socket specifications demand boards to have certain area around socket reserved for cooler/only limited height parts inside it.

While there are some CPU socket specs, CPU to PCIe and RAM socket spacing varies dramatically from mobo to mobo.
PCIe sockets have fixed positions, CPU and RAM sockets do not.
Center CPU to near side RAM socket varies from 42mm (Foxcom H55) to 55mm (Asus X99 S).
Center CPU to near side x16 PCIe varies from as little as 51mm (ASRock Z77E-ITX) to as much as 133mm (Asus Prime X299 Edition 30).

Soldato
While there are some CPU socket specs, CPU to PCIe and RAM socket spacing varies dramatically from mobo to mobo.
PCIe sockets have fixed positions, CPU and RAM sockets do not.
Center CPU to near side RAM socket varies from 42mm (Foxcom H55) to 55mm (Asus X99 S).
Center CPU to near side x16 PCIe varies from as little as 51mm (ASRock Z77E-ITX) to as much as 133mm (Asus Prime X299 Edition 30).
Closest allowed distance for DIMM slot's edge to CPU's center in LGA1150 is 47.5mm.
Any closer than that and part's max height goes to 10.1mm
Page 30 has keep out zone drawing.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w.../guides/4th-gen-core-lga1150-socket-guide.pdf
LGA1151 and 1200 are apparently similar in that part of specifications.

Back
Top Bottom