PS5 Noises

Associate
My PS5 digital definitely has coil whine it’s similar to this one, doesn’t really bother me but I could see it being an issue for some.

Associate
Yeah got a coil whine sound on mine, only in games so can hardly hear it, on the fence whether it bothers me, definitely louder standing.

Soldato
You might be more sensitive to higher frequencies, I had a dodgy power adaptor that I could hear across the living room but no one else could. Thing is once you notice it you can't un-notice it, anyone else in the household heard it?

UXB

UXB

Associate
I definitely am hyper sensitive to noise and I can't hear it at all during games. I got so miffed at the PS4 Pro that I had a ridiculously long HDMI cable and I'd stick it in the other room while playing.

Hi sorry nothing to add to this thread but just curious as to what long HDMI cable you used to go from one room to another and how long was it, my PS4 PRO is connected to my desktop monitor but that is only 1440p, we just got a new UHD 4K tv that i would love to use, but it's in the other room, cant really move the PS4 without a lot of hassle, a long HDMI cable would be ideal but I've read that HDMI is not good over long distances :confused:

Soldato
Hi sorry nothing to add to this thread but just curious as to what long HDMI cable you used to go from one room to another and how long was it, my PS4 PRO is connected to my desktop monitor but that is only 1440p, we just got a new UHD 4K tv that i would love to use, but it's in the other room, cant really move the PS4 without a lot of hassle, a long HDMI cable would be ideal but I've read that HDMI is not good over long distances :confused:

10 metres is the max you can do for a passive cable and still achieve the full 18Gbps for 4k HDR 422. If you want longer, you need to for an active cable or fibre optic.

I don't have the old cable any more, I am currently using a 10M cable to plug my PC into the TV and that works well. I don't think I can link stuff here, but just keep trying on the rain forest. I had to try 3 brands of cable before I found a 10M cable that would work without the signal dropping out.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can hear it with a disk in it and you can hear a low hum when playing a game but only if I mute my TV, it's no where near as stupidly loud as my pro where you could hear it very easily over the sound of the game.

Soldato
You can hear it with a disk in it and you can hear a low hum when playing a game but only if I mute my TV, it's no where near as stupidly loud as my pro where you could hear it very easily over the sound of the game.
This, mine's not 100% silent but the fan noise when in the menu and in game (slightly louder in game) is extremely quiet, and I'm in a quiet room with the console 3ft away from my head, at head level.

Back
Top Bottom