*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Yeah, weird. Maybe it is a defence mechanism to stop themselves from being too disappointed if it turns out to be underwhelming.

This is why you shouldn't get too invested in unreleased games, both figuratively and literally *cough* Star Citizen *cough*

I'm still interested but I'll be picking it up in the new year, assuming release doesn't slide again, with a new GPU and after it's been reviewed and patched.

Man of Honour
Unfortunately I agree. It’s starting to look like they’ve tried to cram in so many themes, they’ve lost the focus I’d always imagined they initially had. I was just hoping for a very dark, Blade Runner type theme but each video it’s looking so GTA/Rage. I’ll buy it having waited so long now but sure I’ll be super disappointed.

Well this is the thing - usually by the point I have a pretty good idea if I'm going to be disappointed or not with a game - aside from the combat looking like something out of a 1998 game I just have no feel for the rest - there are some great ideas/concepts but it is like I don't know what I'm looking at or why I'm looking at it - nothing about the game is grabbing me like it should and I feel too much like it is too much a jumble of "great ideas" that have been slapped together which won't add up to the sum of the parts.

Soldato
There's a lot of people about who almost seem to WANT the game to disappoint or flop

You always get a range of people. You could equally say there's a lot of people determined to think it's the best game ever regardless of any warning signs or even if it isn't a particularly good game. They're the people that are always rolling out excuses for the developers for every little thing e.g. the crowds are smaller than people expected "oh yeah that's fine no on PC the crowds will be huge, that must just be because of the last gen consoles it'll still be good, it'll still be good" etc.

Man of Honour
There's a lot of people about who almost seem to WANT the game to disappoint or flop

Could be a psychological thing, sort of mentally forcing your mind to keep grounded so that you dont get carried away with the hype. If you set it a lower bar in your mind then its harder to be disappointed with aspects of it. Easier to reach and exceed lower expectations than it is to attain and exceed higher expectations sort of thing ?

Caporegime
In my experience games that take many, many years to develop end up having to be re-written or even rebuilt at least once. Do you think graphically the game looked like it does now three or four years ago? In game story and writing is ‘easy’ compared to the actual mechanics and graphics. I have no doubt they’ve had to trash a lot of content and start again at least once.

Associate
World graphics look nice.

The NPC acting and models/animations look really clunky.

The combat looks awful. You can't see anything due to the ridiculous flashing numbers.

I will probably buy it and never complete it.

Man of Honour
From what I’ve seen so far I’ll be waiting for player feedback. I was in a rush to buy it, but I may wait for the X updates unless it turns out to be very good, I’m just not as convinced as I was. Plus I’m an age away from completing AC :p

Back
Top Bottom