• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I'm devastated

Permabanned
Due to high levels of website traffic and thousands of people trying to order the product at the same time, we were unable to prevent the product from overselling.

What's hard about putting a stock count on the site. 100 cards for sale means 100 cards. No more can be sold unless the store has a + value. Unbelievable.

Soldato
What's hard about putting a stock count on the site. 100 cards for sale means 100 cards. No more can be sold unless the store has a + value. Unbelievable.

It's not that simple. Thousands of connections trying to buy the same item will nearly always cause overselling during the checkout process. It's not just a ocuk thing, happened to my site, absolute nightmare.

Permabanned
It's not that simple. Thousands of connections trying to buy the same item will nearly always cause overselling during the checkout process. It's not just a ocuk thing, happened to my site, absolute nightmare.

I read another comment by an Ocuk staff member that they couldn’t do this because it will show how many stock there was breaking the NDA. Shopping cards should be smart enough by now to be able to do stock levels right.

Associate
Devastated really?

No chance PC GPU's are going to be sensible money again with all the sado's in the world willing to pay over the odds.

There's always the next excuse for prices to go up. First it was mining, then silicon yields, and now it's Covid-19. Next year it will be something else undoubtedly, perhaps WW3?

Associate
Count it as a blessing dude the AMD drivers are the usual AMD crock of crap - go with NVIDIA
Go do what i did and cancel - then simply go out and buy an Asus ROG Strix 3090 OC, there are plenty for sale Ive had mine nearly a month now and didn't pay much extra over the price i initially paid here to sit in an endless que with nothing and nothing in the bank either frankly - sod that
If id continued waiting in the endless queue for OC to send one id still have nothing even two months on as Ive seen people who were in front of me in the que still sitting there like fools - ive been gaming like a king for the last month after binning them off.
Dont be taken for a mug and push for the refund, i got my money back in 24 hours and had a card on the way to me 24 hours later - just do your homework and you'll find one easy enough

Associate
Got a 3090 FE yesterday, only reason not cancelled 3080 TUF OC preorder is a relative wants it if they can't get a 3080 FE in time and they can't join the queue because Overchargers put the price up £110...again!

Having no pc is easily fixed by buying a used $50 gpu.

Soldato
Not tried buying one until yesterday, had a stock alerter via discord going for about a week. 3 alerts came through for stock for 3 separate 3080's at one retailer so I thought I'd try my luck. Clicked the links, retailers website has it's own F5'ing done for you. If you get one in your basket you get 15 mins to check out. They were all in others baskets then as they hadn't checked out mine came up as I was in the F5'ing auto queue and I completed transaction. It's here today and in my machine now.

Waiting in massive queue's from retailers with no stock and they've had your money.........nah

Need to buy the dude with the alerter a coffee

Soldato
One reason why it’s always best to have a backup.

I was thinking about selling my 2080Ti before launch and I’m glad I didn’t otherwise chances are I probably would have had to buy another or a lesser card while I waited to upgrade.

However it’s still doing what I need so likely won’t bother until next generation.

Back
Top Bottom