• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Congratulations to those who managed to get one very jealous.

I can't afford to it get one right now due to being laid off cause of covid but I know I would be gutted if I had the money for one and couldn't get one.

Just trying to tell my self it's just a upgraded pro with better graphics and load times and I still got lots of quality games to play until I can get one.

A question to those to have one are the games that have 2 versions Spiderman for example are the trophies lists separate or shared.

Sorry to hear that bud.

I know a lot of people want one of the next gen consoles or the latest graphics card etc and they are going nuts trying to get hold of one but at the end of the day these are just new toys really. In fact a lot of the excitement at the minute comes from trying to buy one rather than the content available on them.

More important things to worry about and just think that when they are more readily available at least there will be a few new things to play on it by then :p

Soldato
Well that's the Platinum on Astro done.

What a cool little game, really enjoyed it and this controller!

The speed running extra bit is actually really cool, and really enjoyed a trip down memory lane I've had most of the hardware on show.

Sackboy with the Mrs time now.
Sackboy is great :)

Am yet to try astro but a plat already? Short game or does it just give it away lol

Soldato
Sackboy is great :)

Am yet to try astro but a plat already? Short game or does it just give it away lol

It's short and the plat is easy to get, I was really close to it just by taking my time and exploring. Few hidden trophies left to get (which you can view if you want) and they were simple, the map screen allows you to basically fast travel to the sections needed.

Really worth a go, the hardware models are great and there are loads of little touches which make you smile if you have been a PS fan from the PS1 days :)

Associate
So is it just an 800mb update and I can play astro? My delivery will be late and I won't be able to download anything else in time.

I think Astro downloaded something also but it was all fairly quick tbh, download speeds seem to be better than the ps4.

yeah was very quick for me too, noticeably so over the ps4. The ps5 seems to be maxing out my connection more consistently.

The system and astro update were completed during my setup of the ps5, so about 10 mins.

The Cold War update file on the other hand is 50 odd gb :o

Soldato
Bit of a mixed bag on the controller, certainly a very solid and premium feel to it, though the haptics are a little overhyped (a good 50% of the time they simply feel like normal rumble). The adaptive triggers are great but you can catch them out before they’ve had a chance to get back in position in some instances and that feels odd.

Also finding the PS button a little small and awkwardly placed and the main buttons are a little too short throw so don’t feel so great compared to the Xbox controller.

Associate
I pretty much only game on xbox, I do buy myself a PS as well for exclusives. I have to say the PS pad is the best design I have ever seen or used. Don't forget the stand actually has a screw, I nearly forgot to do that.

Soldato
Anyone had any luck installing COD?

Every time I select which part to install first it stays on the "please wait" screen until I reboot the console.

Thankfully I have demon's souls to keep me going but I was looking forward to this one as it's been a very long time since I played COD

Soldato
So i am a very lucky person tonight; my neighbour decided he didn't want to keep his PS5 + controller, delivered today. He could have sold it for a massive profit, but he decided to sell to me at RRP. legend!

Man of Honour
One thing I can’t get used to is how quick games start. Even if you close them and start them from nothing. Spider-Man for example, you start the game and it’s straight in the main menu, no loading at all. It’s mad

Soldato
and as predicted, been tracking Yodal all day, the guy was 3 stops away ad bang "we attempted to deliver but was refused at the door" utter B******t.
Been on webchat and they tracked his GPS for the delivery to the wrong address. going to contact the depot and let them know to attempt delivery again but might be tomorrow now.

Called it, as soon as I knew Yodal was delivering it. Utter garbage of a company.

Associate
Anyone had any luck installing COD?

Every time I select which part to install first it stays on the "please wait" screen until I reboot the console.

Thankfully I have demon's souls to keep me going but I was looking forward to this one as it's been a very long time since I played COD

yeah mine was stuck on please wait for about 5 mins, then it goes back to menu and you can see it transferring off the disc for multiplayer module - about 36Gb.

Reminds me of Some Windows updates.

Soldato
So happy. Controller is amazing! Had a great time playing Astro. Think I'll buy Demon's Souls ready for tomorrow.

Even little things like setup being smooth and logging in via the app etc just make the whole experience decent.

As above, Astro had done updating by the time I'd logged in (200mb line).

Back
Top Bottom