BBC and the Fairytale of New York

Soldato
But apparently radio 2 are playing the full fat version and radio 6 jocks are given the choice. Therefore it is the audience for each station that are deemed different and either more likely to be offended, more sensitive, or dont know.

Soldato
It's not really much of a contract when a supermajority of the electorate voted against the current government.

The correct term would be collective punishment.

im not talking about the govt. I’m taking about the informal contract that people do agree to when they live with others under a rule of law and societal norms.

Soldato
Isn't there a song about being a whore currently on radio playlists?

Recent number one single ask if a girl was "wet enough".

I personally find these massively more damaging and the soft core points videos that go with them.

Soldato
I think people miss the point about these sort of things. It's not banned because of some kinda wokism leftist conspiracy to stop people calling a "spade" a spade... it's because there are plenty enough ****heads about who think because they heard the word on the BBC (or whatever station), it's okay to use, no matter that people might take offence and that makes the broadcaster culpable in any offence caused.

If libertarians want someone to blame, they should start with the morons that go around calling people faggots, or whatever other derogatory language is currently de riguour whist masquerading as standing up for "free of speech". They're the ones getting stuff like this banned.

guess we can kiss goodbye to any Quentin Tarantino film then.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm not outraged by he original version being played however I'm also not outraged by the edited version being played instead.

TLDR:- I'm a reasonable person who can understand the intricacies of both sides of the argument and refuse to be offended either way. It's just a song.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
It does not matter what the original intention or context was, not acceptable in 2020.
Wow. Seriously? They've ******* done it, they've control.

Idiot: "You said the word faggot and it offends me"
John Merrick/@Vince: "But I said it with a different meaning, I'm sorry you misunderstood"
Idiot: "No, **** you you can't say it at all, I'm not capable of living a normal life whilst people are allowed to say that word regardless of meaning and context"
Random Parrot: "Squawk! Polly wants a cracker!"
Idiot: "Whaaaaattt??!!!!!" *head-explosion*

e: ****, have I turned into mags?! :(

Back
Top Bottom