Car damage on pcp car

Associate
Hello all. My daughter has a pcp car nearly at end of term. Intending hand g it back. She had someone reverse into her and they want to organise repair damage their end to save repurcussions like being liable for excess or indeed losiing his job. I am not convinced this is way to go and I think she must go through her insurance to avoid any issues when returning car e.g underlying damage not being addressed. She feels guilty that lad may lose his job (not established he or employer liable) Am I correct in thinking no brainer to go through insurance. Thanks in advance.

Soldato
She should go through their insurance as they foot the bill. Get it fixed properly, or face the risk of pain when it goes back. Tough luck to the lad, learn from it.

Soldato
It depends on the damage but you could offer them the choice of going through a garage of your choosing (at their cost) or go through insurance; the PCP agreement may say if it has to be repaired at a particular type of garage.

Caporegime
Depends on damage really. Go through their insurance though, shouldn't increase the premiums. Bit of a pain trying to organise though.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Insurance, insurance, insurance. His problem is not your problem.
The fact it’s a PCP is even more reason to go through insurance.

Man of Honour
Insurance. She doesn't want to suddenly get a bill when handing it back due to a poor repair. Just get it done properly. While I sympathise with the other driver, and your daughters insurance probably will go up (been there, bought the t-shirt), it's the safest risk free way for her.

Man of Honour
Insurance - 9999 times out of 10000 if someone is banging on about maybe losing their job in a situation like that either they are trying to con you or leverage it to get an advantage.

Soldato
I would check the wording on her PCP agreement, it may say something like "all repairs must be done via approved body repairers", but would certainly go through the insurance as it has a high chance of turning sour when they refuse to pay etc. further down the line.

I love the fact he's laying the "I could lose my job through it" at your feet, maybe if that's the case he should be more careful, if it's a genuine accident I can't imagine any decent employer would let someone go for a simple prang.

Soldato
If the damage is that bad that the lad is worried about losing his job, then it sounds like a pretty sizeable bump.

What the lad probably then doesn't realise is a bump of that magnitude will likely cost thousands going to a proper repairer rather than some back street garage. Of which he'll then complain about the cost - this story has been told on OCUK by many people, who then eventually have to go down the insurance route because the 3rd party aren't paying out.

Soldato
Insurance - 9999 times out of 10000 if someone is banging on about maybe losing their job in a situation like that either they are trying to con you or leverage it to get an advantage.

Couldn't put it better myself.

Get the insurer on it swiftly!

Back
Top Bottom