• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti is £1499?

Soldato
Well, they are charging £1800 for GPU's that they don't have in stock...........................................consider it a bargain that they are only charging £1500 for a last gen card they do actually have in stock :(

Soldato
It’s call making a killing on the uninformed.

It is probably 10 of them on the self and each got OCUK staffers name in it. Whichever gets sold to an unsuspecting joe public, it is their Christmas bonus.

Caporegime
Again, he is asking about a LAST GEN card, the 2000 series, 2080TI, of which there are two models priced at £1450~ currently for sale on the store.

Twice the price of a 3080.

Hence me assuming its a pricing error and tagging Gibbo.

Again, he is asking about a LAST GEN card, the 2000 series, 2080TI, of which there are two models priced at £1450~ currently for sale on the store.

Twice the price of a 3080.

Hence me assuming its a pricing error and tagging Gibbo.

yeh I know

yeh I know

Though I just Googled and other places have them listed for well over a grand too, several hundred more than the faster and newer 3080.

What is this madness...

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Though I just Googled and other places have them listed for well over a grand too, several hundred more than the faster and newer 3080.

What is this madness...

Supply and demand. Some people might not even know about the new ranges so they opt for a 2080 instead.

Once upon a time a GPU would be 150 quid max and it would play everything you threw at it. Now a GPU costs more than a full build PC back in 2005.

I understand power is required now due to high end gaming, coding and apps as such but I’m not convinced they need to be priced as high as they are.

Bring back old school.

Soldato
Ignoring the crazy halo products and gouged launch prices... a high end GPU is around £600? That gets you a decent chunk of very fast RAM, a GPU with more transistors than a CPU, a board with similar VRMs as a high end motherboard, a high end heat sink and fans etc... There's a lot going on with a high end GPU these days.

Soldato
Ignoring the crazy halo products and gouged launch prices... a high end GPU is around £600? That gets you a decent chunk of very fast RAM, a GPU with more transistors than a CPU, a board with similar VRMs as a high end motherboard, a high end heat sink and fans etc... There's a lot going on with a high end GPU these days.
The PCB is a fraction of a motherboard. You don’t have IO circuits to worry about and their shielding etc. No chipsets, USB3 etc inputs and outputs. No secondary power regulators etc. It is not as complicated as motherboard.

the core design isn’t as complicated as CPU. GPU cores are scalable (unlike pU cores until zen came along). So it is cheaper and easier to fab.

the cost of GPU is ridiculously high. Just look at how much money Nvidia is making. Their main business is selling GPU for heavens sake.

if a drug dealer is selling the greens year on year for every year and nothing else and he s saying every year his profit margin is 60% and revue is X. It is very easy to work out how much he s getting his grass for.

Last edited:
Associate
I only asked because I'm sure I only paid £680 for 1080ti just after launch

The 2080Ti launched at £1200, and never really came down below about £950. Yes it's last year's tech. You'd be mad to pay over about £500 now, but TBH they're not looking so bad as a longer term thing right now. And they're still selling for up to £650 second hand, likely because of the 30 series shortage.

Soldato
Well, they are charging £1800 for GPU's that they don't have in stock...........................................consider it a bargain that they are only charging £1500 for a last gen card they do actually have in stock :(
3090's in stock at OCUK right now.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-123-zt.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-0ae-kf.html

Water cooled one

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-07t-in.html

3080 water cooled also in stock now.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-07s-in.html

Soldato
£1,829.99 for a graphics card. Let that sink in for moment.

Who are buying these at that price? I really do think I'm out of the graphics card arms race if the current pace of pricing continues.

Soldato
Staying behind the curve is exactly what I'm doing Acme! I may be a little hypocritical having bought 2 1080Ti's back in the day, but that cost nothing like the prices of today, and at least I thought I was getting something for my money.

So another year on 1080Ti's it is. Unless the 3080Ti sells for around £800 but that's as likely as getting a BJ from Marilyn Monroe.

Caporegime
Staying behind the curve is exactly what I'm doing Acme! I may be a little hypocritical having bought 2 1080Ti's back in the day, but that cost nothing like the prices of today, and at least I thought I was getting something for my money.

So another year on 1080Ti's it is. Unless the 3080Ti sells for around £800 but that's as likely as getting a BJ from Marilyn Monroe.

Im actually 5 years behind with crossfire R9 390 8GB's currently... :p

Back
Top Bottom