• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[Solved] Ryzen 3600 temps - new build

Soldato
Been a while since a built a PC so want to check if the temps below are normal.

CPU is a 3600 cooled by a Cryorig M9A.

Idle temps sit at 55-60c and when I ran user benchmark I hit 80c.

I was monitoring this with HwMonitor and everything is at stock.

Does that sound right? I may try reseating the heat sink on the CPU as I may not have put enough paste.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Soldato
Cryorig apparently have a base that's not too well suited to the Ryzen heat spreader and better suited to Intel, could be why you're seeing high temps

Have a search on Google there are quite a few people who've mentioned it, not sure how true it is but I have a 3600 and under gaming load I've never seen it go over 75C with a variety of coolers

Soldato
Been a while since a built a PC so want to check if the temps below are normal.

CPU is a 3600 cooled by a Cryorig M9A.

Idle temps sit at 55-60c and when I ran user benchmark I hit 80c.

I was monitoring this with HwMonitor and everything is at stock.

Does that sound right? I may try reseating the heat sink on the CPU as I may not have put enough paste.

Please let me know your thoughts.
What are you using to get your temps from? I flit between Ryzen Master and HWMonitor.

I would say they look a bit high. What paste did you use and how did you apply?

C64

C64

Soldato
Depends what you're using to hammer the cpu my 3600 skyrockets in temp on prime 80c+

only gaming temps matter at the end of the day benchmark temps are meaningless as long as you're not damaging anything

Soldato
OP
Hi All

I am using HwMonitor - will try Ryzen Master tomorrow. The paste is the one that comes with the m9 in the box, I spread it thinly across the CPU.

Could there be too little paste? What is the rule of thumb?

Soldato
Hi All

I am using HwMonitor - will try Ryzen Master tomorrow. The paste is the one that comes with the m9 in the box, I spread it thinly across the CPU.

Could there be too little paste? What is the rule of thumb?
It's better to use to much over to little.

Soldato
85c reported by HWINfo is a false reading

MSI board has something there reporting 85C that value doesnt change no matter what you do to the system

also download HWINFO64 - better software.

ryzen master is the correct value.

Soldato
OP
85c reported by HWINfo is a false reading

MSI board has something there reporting 85C that value doesnt change no matter what you do to the system

also download HWINFO64 - better software.

ryzen master is the correct value.

Mine doesn't stay at 85c. It ramps up to 85c at load.
Going to re-seat the cooler and re-apply paste. I will report back.

Soldato
OP
Took everything apart cleaned and re-applied the thermal paste and re-seated the M9A Cooler....I had done a poor job of applying the TIM.

The temps are better but not sure if normal.
I've checked the mounting bracket, re-checked the all the instructions and I am sure I haven't missed anything.

I have been running prime 95 for 5 minutes now and the CPU had settled at ~75c but then end jumped to 85c and are now back down to high 70's.

Any ideas? Oh, and this is a mITX build if that makes any difference.

Associate
Took everything apart cleaned and re-applied the thermal paste and re-seated the M9A Cooler....I had done a poor job of applying the TIM.

The temps are better but not sure if normal.
I've checked the mounting bracket, re-checked the all the instructions and I am sure I haven't missed anything.

I have been running prime 95 for 5 minutes now and the CPU had settled at ~75c but then end jumped to 85c and are now back down to high 70's.

Any ideas? Oh, and this is a mITX build if that makes any difference.

i Recently upgraded to a 3600 and under Cinebench R23 Passes mine settles at around 75C, i too am using ITX - Inwin 901 Case with a noctua NHU9 Cooler and although on the warm side its around where i expected it too be, Around 40C Idle temp

I also have my fan curves set to Silent on in the BIOS for all fans

Soldato
Cinebench R23 run with my 3600
Max temp 70c
Idle 30-40c

Cooling is a Noctua-NH U14-S in push pull. https://noctua.at/en/nh-u14s
Motherboard is MSI MEG Unify X570 with latest bios
XMP mode enabled, 3600Mhz memory, CAS16 and PBO and all other settings on auto (not sure if XMP affects temps)

I am using low noise / low RPM reduction adapters so one fan is limited to 1200RPM and the other 986RPM. Guess I could remove them but prefer a quiet machine

Same results in HWiNFO64 and CPUID HWMonitor. I prefer HWMonitor, temps are easier to see :o

edit - Gaming (COD MW) for an hour the max temp is no higher than 70c

HbxqAw9.png

Last edited:

EmB

EmB

Associate
I am also with a new build (Ryzen 5 3600) coming from a previous 2008 C2D E8500 (cool and still running fine on Windows Vista).
I guess I wasn’t quite prepared for experiencing such fluctuations while browsing and general usage.

These are my temps at idle (it never is) :)
QP4mQdn.jpg

Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro (non-window)
CPU cooler – Arctic Freezer eSports (single fan non duo)
Case fans are x 4 Arctic Cooler 140mm PWM (2 front, 1 rear, 1 top rear) from a value pack of 5

I went with the manufactures advice when applying Thermal Compound to the cooler,
although not applying quite as much as the YouTube videos would suggest,
guess the reason for this method are the slight voids between the copper pipes (as opposed to a continuous flat surface)
which may hinder spreading if applied from a single central point on the cpu.

So far the highest I have observed at stock (Ryzen Balanced) while encoding video is a steadying at 59/60° C.

Still very early days though.

Soldato
OP
Thanks all.
I am returning the M9 cooler as I believe there must be some kind of QC issue with the unit / heatpipes.

I have ordered a AC 34 eSports after some research. Slightly more heavy duty.
It’s coming tomorrow so I will report back!

Back
Top Bottom