• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I'm devastated

Caporegime
Count it as a blessing dude the AMD drivers are the usual AMD crock of crap - go with NVIDIA
Go do what i did and cancel - then simply go out and buy an Asus ROG Strix 3090 OC, there are plenty for sale Ive had mine nearly a month now and didn't pay much extra over the price i initially paid here to sit in an endless que with nothing and nothing in the bank either frankly - sod that
If id continued waiting in the endless queue for OC to send one id still have nothing even two months on as Ive seen people who were in front of me in the que still sitting there like fools - ive been gaming like a king for the last month after binning them off.
Dont be taken for a mug and push for the refund, i got my money back in 24 hours and had a card on the way to me 24 hours later - just do your homework and you'll find one easy enough
Don't be taken for a mug, simply go and buy a 3090.

Lmao.

And that's not even most ridiculous thing in this thread.

Soldato
I have already gone 3 ro 4 months without a PC.

Buy a cheap GPU to run Windows on, or use integrated/onboard graphics if available. The Nvidia GT 710 is available for ~£30 on many websites.

Or, find an old PCIE GPU if you've got one lying around somewhere.

you can still play games on your PC, with streaming services like Stadia and Geforce Now (free), assuming you have at least a 10mbps connection. If you decide to do this, make sure that the temporary GPU you pick has a half decent video decoder chip in it. In general, the newer the GPU, the better.

It's good to have a spare GPU anyway, for troubleshooting and in case future GPUs break and you need to quick replacement.

EDIT - For a bit more money (around £60), you can buy a graphics card like the Nvidia GT 1030, which has decent video decoder support, including VP9, H.264, and H.265 formats. I'd go with that in your position.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't be taken for a mug, simply go and buy a 3090.

Lmao
And that's not even most ridiculous thing in this thread.

You preach “ridiculous” to me and attempt sarcasm ;)
let me enlighten you
I bought my card off eBay for £200 more and it was with me within a couple of days of cancelling after getting totally pi55ed off sitting in the never ending queue for with a random number emailed at me every second week and nothing else.
Why would anyone want to sit waiting for months with their £1700 in someone else’s bank account for the sake of £200 to have no wait at all? - Erm no thanks - that’s for people of “principle” like you dude....
I’ve had my Asus Strix 3090 OC for well over a month now and am loving it - but hey you “guys of principle” enjoy the never ending wait (try not to get so bitter) and savour the eventual “we have cancelled your order” email when it arrives - but hey don’t risk losing your queue place eh and whilst your still waiting you then try to rip the pi55 out of me....lmao - Mug.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom