Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So, the only two things I haven't yet done with the PS5 are:

1. Use Rest Mode. I would leave the PS4/Pro exclusively like this when I was finished. I know the PS5 boots up nice and quick, but I quite fancy using it again.
2. Plugged in my external SSD. I have a Kingston UV500 2TB housed in a USB 3.1 Caddy.

Anyone done/doing any of the above?
I've just reformatted my SSD - so the PS5 can hopefully take full control and I'd like to cleanly download all of my PS4 games again, rather than just plugging it in from my PS4 Pro.

Seen a couple of people above saying they cannot get rear USB to work with external drives.
I know, I know - plug it in and see. It's just, well, I don't want to break anything :)

Soldato
Don't agree, if my customer has £500 less in their pocket to invest in my ecosystem I am losing out.

Sony is a business not a charity, as long as their units get sold scalping isn't their problem.

And the higher the price is, the more of a cut places such as Ebay take off the final listing so they definitely are not going to do anything scalpers on their site as its not illegal.

Yeah, it's a crappy situation but this isn't anything new, everyone expected this to happen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Plausible ... did they post that on social media ? I only ordered one console, so that fits I guess.

I don't think they've posted anything on socials no, but quite a large number of users on HUKD have experienced this.

My status on my order has now changed to "Order Confirmed", looks more promising now but it's Currys so who knows!

I did go on live chat last night and the guy confirmed my order will be fulfilled and delivered no later than 15th December.

Not sure if that means they already have the stock to dispatch or there will be another batch of stock assigned for shipment.

Soldato
Been stuck on please wait for about 30 minutes, 300meg connection so roughly how long will it take?

Are you talking logging in to your PSN account? If so, I had this. Pressed back and tried again and was straight in to account log in. Seems like a glitch where it just hangs. I am finding a similar thing with some of the other menu features. Pressing back and then reselecting seems to fix the hanging.

Soldato
yes, says handed to resident.

Thats crap. But it is the gig economy with Amazon these days. So less security and oversight than you would get with a main courier. Not that main couriers are perfect, but I don't much trust Amazon anymore. Last few times.I have used them, I have been let down so I have made purchases elsewhere.

Soldato
Sorry no-one has answered you - all caught up in the hype

Yes

Your account, purchases AND PS plus will transfer over automatically, including his save games

Theres also a trick to download the ps app on your phone, grab the ps5 free games (as part of the ps plus subscription) now, and redeem and download later when he gets the ps5

Thank you. I'm downloading the App now :D

Caporegime
Thats crap. But it is the gig economy with Amazon these days. So less security and oversight than you would get with a main courier. Not that main couriers are perfect, but I don't much trust Amazon anymore. Last few times.I have used them, I have been let down so I have made purchases elsewhere.

Yep, I’ll never use them again for any high value item and I’m considering never shopping there again

Soldato
Installed my games and then played Astrobot last night, was grinning the entire time, the haptics and triggers are amazing, the feeling of rain, or hail, or walking on the different surfaces, this is what Nintendo promised with HD rumble but never managed.

Soldato
Flawless from Amazon again for me. Never had a problem with their drivers and get stuff at least once a week.

Never had much play time yesterday got it set up and started to download.

Been up a while now and the PS5 really feels like next gen.

Controller is fabulous, UI is so slick and the way the store and media is integrated is a huge step forward.

Just playing around with the Spiderman remaster and we'll impressed.

Generally feel excited for this gen now to see what it brings.

Well done Sony.

Soldato
Installed my games and then played Astrobot last night, was grinning the entire time, the haptics and triggers are amazing, the feeling of rain, or hail, or walking on the different surfaces, this is what Nintendo promised with HD rumble but never managed.

It was created by the same firm which made HD Rumble, here's hoping devs utilise it.

Associate
Disaster with pre-orders yesterday, not helped by needing to get some work done! Had items in my basket several times on John Lewis and Amazon but no joy, genuinely no idea how. I've got an 'order confirmed' with Currys via the glitch and an email promising delivery by the 15th of Dec, and another with BT that's been on 'security checks' since yesterday morning (took well over an hour to complete the order). Might get lucky with one I suppose.

Anyway, is it possible to update the original version of Spider-man or do you need Miles Morales as well?

Soldato
Yeah the haptics are very very good - everything is obviously over exaggerated on Astro to show off the haptics, but it's a great showcase. Liked the claw machine where you get a little bit of slack in the arm you pull before having resistance. And the climbing mech suit where you have to lightly squeeze the trigger on one bit, having the tension lets you feel how much pressure you're applying.

Only managed to play astro as my download speed sucks, got Spiderman remastered downloaded overnight though so will give that a go this evening!!

Back
Top Bottom