New PC powering off under load

Associate
OP
Hello All

I did get a Asus GeForce GTX 1650 with the PC originally when i bought it back in July with the intention of purchasing a 3070 on release day.

I have now purchased and installed a be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 750 Watt 80+ Platinum and the problem has gone away!

Unfortunately Overclockers where unwilling to replace or upgrade the PSU even when i asked for a price for a better PSU!

I was one of those people who saw the 1000w number and just assumed that would be good enough for the 3070 when i upgraded.

I am very surprised that Overclockers are still selling this brand given that i thought they where a highly rated system builder...

Associate
Have similar problem Aerocool project 7 750W - shut down randomly with 2080ti + Ryzen 3600XT (new build with second hand GPU).
Changed to Corsair VS 450W - no shutdowns at all (even power budget is very tight max 420W vs 450W PSU).
Basically low quality PSU don't handle bursty load well.
Now looking for an established PSU brand and hope to return Aerocool to Amazon.

Soldato
Have similar problem Aerocool project 7 750W - shut down randomly with 2080ti + Ryzen 3600XT (new build with second hand GPU).
Changed to Corsair VS 450W - no shutdowns at all (even power budget is very tight max 420W vs 450W PSU).
Basically low quality PSU don't handle bursty load well.
Now looking for an established PSU brand and hope to return Aerocool to **********.

That doesn't make any sense. The Aerocool Project 7 is a good quality psu whereas the Corsair VS is low end. You have basically swapped a Ferrari for a Skoda. That Aerocool unit should have no issue powering that setup.

Associate
That doesn't make any sense. The Aerocool Project 7 is a good quality psu whereas the Corsair VS is low end. You have basically swapped a Ferrari for a Skoda. That Aerocool unit should have no issue powering that setup.
That was I thought as well spending 100 pounds on it... It has no problem powering GPU in GPU burner and looks cool, but does not handle bursts of load in real games.

Back
Top Bottom