Spec me a cool quiet card for 1440p 144hz

Soldato
So my current vega 56 pulse is just too noisy, I've tried under volting it, manually adjusting the fan curve but it seems to willfully ignore that and quite frankly I've had enough of the thing. It also seems to blow out more heat than a fan heater...

Now I've got a 3600 at stock with a new artic dark pro 4
B450 tomahawk
16gb of the t force 8 pack 3200 ram.
A gold corsair 650w PSU
A meshify case with 5 or 6 140mm fans
And I run a twin 27" Samsung 1440p 144hz monitor setup albeit I only game on the one.

I don't play too many games now (mostly because I can hear the vega over my headset) but things like civ v, occasionally war zone, hell let loose are generally my thing. Possibly Cyberpunk if it ever comes out.

I tried for one of the 6800xt's on the basis that it may not work so hard and therefore run cooler and quieter but alas failed in my attempt. On reflection I probably don't need to spend that much given how infrequently I game these days. I would say budget up to £600 but would be happier if it was circa half that price as I built the system for around that price originally.

I just want something that is going to bring back the enjoyment of using my pc rather than the constant on edge of my vega going to max fans at its will. Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks.

Soldato
Id probably wait for the partner reviews of the 6800 cards or maybe go for a 3070 tuf if you want better RT especially for games like cyberpunk although in the current climate just getting any card seems to be a challenge.

Soldato
OP
To be honest I'm not all that fussed about it. I've survived all these years without it and I'm still struggling to see the difference.. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Soldato
If your not bothered about RT then the 6800 is the clear winner assuming to can get hold of one for a decent price.

Soldato
OP
Some good food for thought. What's a realistic price for 2080ti 5700xt these days? I appreciate things are inflated at the moment. Either new or second hand for them.

Back
Top Bottom