• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Yep same here Very/Yodel no issues, Very for me have a 100% track record when it comes to pre orders.

Still waiting for mine from very/yodel........

Yodel's site hasn't updated since yesterday morning at 3am to say it was at my local depot in London
Very's website has more info, but states it has left my local depot in London, gone to a depot outside of London, then come back into London, but now at a different depot than my local one. Received there at 1am this morning, and no further updates.

Don't fancy my chances.......

Soldato
Also, not going to lie.

I have a USB HDD plugged into the back, my USB headset dongle and rest mode enabled.
Played Cold War and some PS4 games last night with no issues at all. Woke it up from rest mode this morning - Spot on.

I do however, close all of my games before rest mode... Not sure if that make a difference.

Thank you from that - good to hear of experience.
I ask myself what is the worst that can happen if I plug in my external SSD - unfortunately the worst is quite bad :)

Soldato
Thank you from that - good to hear of experience.
I ask myself what is the worst that can happen if I plug in my external SSD - unfortunately the worst is quite bad :)
Got my step daughters PS5 to test later on - So will report on that.

Cold War has crashed - Put only the app - not the whole PS5.
PS5 in currently in rest mode - Been in and out around 5 times. :)

Keep in mind mine is a HDD not SSD. Bottom, back USB port if that means anything.

Soldato
RE. The Amazon situation.
What you do need to remember is that only bad experiences are being posted about.
I too had an Amazon delivery, completed by Amazon Logistics. Tracked well, I had an estimated time and it arrived an hour before that.
My "usual" driver, very friendly, Covid-safe delivery. Could not fault the process if I tried.
Amazon are likely to have had the highest allocation of PS5 stock in the UK, so I guess statistically we're going to hear a few horror stories.

It feels a little like this faulty PS5 situation. A large thread appeared on Reddit and if you read it in isolation you'd think every other unit was at fault.
Not till you take it in contest of the millions of PS5's currently in circulation you realise how small a percentage of issue there is.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wouldn't say only bad experiences are being posted about Amazon, there are plenty of positive posts about them in this thread alone.

The people who've been affected by it aren't bothered whether everything turned out fine for the other 99%. It's got to be extremely frustrating having had one pre-ordered two months ago and now being told you'll either be refunded or you may get one delivered before Christmas.

Caporegime
RE. The Amazon situation.
What you do need to remember is that only bad experiences are being posted about.
I too had an Amazon delivery, completed by Amazon Logistics. Tracked well, I had an estimated time and it arrived an hour before that.
My "usual" driver, very friendly, Covid-safe delivery. Could not fault the process if I tried.
Amazon are likely to have had the highest allocation of PS5 stock in the UK, so I guess statistically we're going to hear a few horror stories.

It feels a little like this faulty PS5 situation. A large thread appeared on Reddit and if you read it in isolation you'd think every other unit was at fault.
Not till you take it in contest of the millions of PS5's currently in circulation you realise how small a percentage of issue there is.

I appreciate what you're saying but as someone who has had his PS5 stolen, it doesn't help posting things like this.

Soldato
I wouldn't say only bad experiences are being posted about Amazon, there are plenty of positive posts about them in this thread alone.

The people who've been affected by it aren't bothered whether everything turned out fine for the other 99%. It's got to be extremely frustrating having had one pre-ordered two months ago and now being told you'll either be refunded or you may get one delivered before Christmas.

Yer - but you get my point though?
If I had a PS5 on order and nothing arrived or a Trunky arrived instead, I'd be straight onto every forum I knew to tell them. That alone could be seen as 5 different people having issues as I don't have the same username on every forum I frequent.
Once my PS5 did arrive yesterday, I didn't go visit those 5 same forums to tell them "Amazon done good" and I haven't posted a positive story about them on the other 4 forums I regularly frequent.

But I truly feel for those being messed about. It's bad if you really want one and cannot get one ordered.
To get through ordering and then have the item effectively stolen, 10x worse.

Soldato
Still waiting for mine from very/yodel........

Yodel's site hasn't updated since yesterday morning at 3am to say it was at my local depot in London
Very's website has more info, but states it has left my local depot in London, gone to a depot outside of London, then come back into London, but now at a different depot than my local one. Received there at 1am this morning, and no further updates.

Don't fancy my chances.......
Can you contact the depot for collection?

I had no idea if mine was arriving yesterday as I couldn't access my Very account, some turd hacked it last week and tried to order 3k worth of PSN credit, account was frozen so couldn't track anything, I was amazed when it actually arrived.

Fingers crossed for you for today you never know.

Soldato
My amazon delivery was okay too. The only thing I missed out on was a charging dock and I can’t seem to find them anywhere.
I haven’t purchased any PS5 games yet as none of the current line up interests me so I’ve settled back into playing Fall Guys and Diablo 3.
It really is nice being able to play a game without getting a headache from loud fans.

Soldato
One thing I am envious on ps5 over xbox is the controller - ok, I have not held PS5 controller, but the box one feels cheaper than previous 360 and one controllers, and I don't know why they had to make it smaller! Have had one with completely dodgy left dpad button, and another where abxy's aren't sensitive enough - you really need to make sure you apply pressure.
The only thing I don’t like about the PS5 controller is the Playstation button, doesn’t feel as good as on the DualShock 4 due to it just being the logo.

Soldato
Anyone else had a weird problem with game installs? I installed Dirt 5 and let it completely finish installing from disc and it downloaded and installed the 4.7GB update then I played it for an hour or so. After that I took the disc out to install another game and left it for a while. Then I went back to Dirt 5 and it started installing the game and downloading the update again from scratch. Most strange.

Did think something was odd when it was installing 46GB from disc yet only reported the game as taking 21GB in system storage. I'll have to have a look at how much space it reckons it's using this second time. The only thing I did the first time was hit the "copy" button that appears for a while after first putting a disc in which then throws up an error but it carries on installing anyway. I've since learnt that you can just ignore the copy button and it'll crack on with installing after a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom